Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Shock: Queen Elizabeth Banned Sussex Couple From Appearing At Buckingham Balcony? Duke Reportedly Responded To Claims They Hated Their Australasia Tour In 2018

share to other networks share to twitter share to facebook

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry got reunited with Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles, and Camilla Parker-Bowles in April on their way to The Hague for Invictus Games 2022. The Sussex couple's surprise visit to Windsor marked their first-ever travel together in the U.K. since their infamous Megxit in January 2020.

The royal reunion had fans thinking that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry were finally being welcomed back into the royal family. There were even predictions that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex would be returning to Britain with Archie and Lilibet very soon.

ALSO READ: Prince Charles Fury: Camilla Parker-Bowles' Husband Not Yet Ready To Forgive Harry, Meghan Markle? Duke Urged To Snub Andrew's Claim On Windsor Property

However, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry were dealt an embarrassing blow last week when it was announced that Queen Elizabeth only wants working royals on the Buckingham Palace balcony for her Platinum Jubilee celebrations. Keep on reading to know more details.

Advertisement

Did Queen Elizabeth Reject Meghan Markle And Prince Harry?

Heat Magazine, in its May 10, 2022 issue, reported that Queen Elizabeth is banning Meghan Markle and Prince Harry, alongside Prince Andrew, from the showpiece event. Despite this, the Sussex pair still intends to bring Archie and Lilibet to the U.K. and join Her Majesty's Platinum Jubilee celebrations in June.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Meghan Markle Heartbreak: Ex-POTUS Donald Trump To Derail Duchess' 2024 U.S. Presidential Election Plans? Prince Harry's Wife Received Another Sad News After Netflix Series Cancellation

The spokesperson of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry reportedly said:

"Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, are excited and honored to attend the Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations this June with their children."

Royal insiders believe that Queen Elizabeth and the other senior royal family members were annoyed when Prince Harry talked about his meeting with the British monarch on an American TV show. At the time, the husband of Meghan Markle said he wanted to make sure the queen was "protected" and had "the right people around her."

ALSO READ: Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Fury: Sussexes To Have New Bombshell Interview With Oprah Winfrey As 'Damage Control'? Royal Pair Reportedly Plans To Respond To Donald Trump, Tina Brown's Comments

An informant told Heat:

Advertisement
"They were invited onto the balcony, which is great for their image as royals in America because it sets them apart from other Hollywood stars. But, it seems they've blown it again, with Harry rushing out and doing another controversial interview. It seems they can't help themselves. But if Meghan and Harry are coming over, they definitely would've wanted a place on the balcony, as that is the main event and would have confirmed them as still royalty."

The news came just days after it was confirmed that Netflix canceled Meghan Markle's new children's series called Pearl, which she had created and was to be executive producer of.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Prince Harry Heartbreak: Is Meghan Markle's Husband Going Through Something? Prince Charles, William Reportedly Irked By His Comment About Queen Elizabeth's Safety

An unidentified tipster said:

"This is a huge slap in the face for Meghan, and she's bitterly disappointed. They're finding out the hard way that Hollywood is a brutal, unforgiving place, no matter how well known you are. Meghan believed so passionately in this project, and while Netflix didn't publicly give a reason for the show's axing, she accepts that the market has shifted. But she's ambitious -- she sees how embarrassing this is for her. She wants to make a success of their brand, which means making a name for herself in politics, expanding on her philanthropic endeavors, and cracking Hollywood. Now, there's a real worry the whole house of cards will collapse."

Claims have it that there is a lot of pressure from struggling Netflix for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to do well because of the money that has reportedly been spent on them, and they want more juicy stuff on them and the royals.

ALSO READ: Kate Middleton Fury: 'Embarrassed' Duchess Told 'Controlling' Carole To Butt Out Of Her Family's Daily Affairs? Prince William Allegedly Gave Mom-In-Law An Ultimatum

Advertisement

Following their reunion with Queen Elizabeth last month, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex flew to The Netherlands for the Invictus Games. It was reported that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry brought their Netflix crew with them, and it is believed they are also taking their crew when they are over for the Platinum Jubilee celebrations.

The Heat Magazine's source furthered:

"There's a lot of chatter in Hollywood circles that Netflix will be leaning on the couple to make their docuseries as juicy as possible. They will be demanding that Meghan and Harry spill more secrets about their time as royals in order to boost ratings and recoup some of that huge investment. It's all being worked out now, and the Sussexes have been locked in meetings, trying to figure out how to salvage things. Netflix wants their money's worth, and they know anything royal will bring in the viewers."

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Amber Heard Revelation: What Happened To Aquaman Star's Romance With Elon Musk? Actress Reportedly Admitted Leaving Fecal Matter On Johnny Depp's Side Of The Bed

Both Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have yet to comment on the reports claiming that Queen Elizabeth has banned them from joining the other royal family members during her Platinum Jubilee celebrations next month. So, devoted followers of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex should take all these unverified reports lightly until everything is proven true and correct.

Prince Harry Reveals Feelings About New Zealand Amid Claims He And Meghan Markle 'Hate' It

Meanwhile, Prince Harry seems to have debunked all claims about him and Meghan Markle "hating" their tour to Australasia in 2018. Most, if not all, royal followers are aware that the Sussex couple visited Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, and Tonga four years ago.

Advertisement

ALSO READ: Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Shock: 'Snubbed' Sussex Pair Moving To New York After 'Failing' In Hollywood? TV Host In Trouble For Comments Against Archie & Lilibet's Parents

The said tour happened just months after Prince Harry tied the knot with Meghan Markle, with the former Suits actress also pregnant with their first child, Archie. However, in her book The Palace Papers, royal author Tina Brown claimed that she talked with many royal sources, one of whom told her that the royal couple "hated every second" of the tour.

In her tome that officially hit the shelves last month, Tina Brown wrote:

"Meghan apparently hated every second of it. She found the itinerary of engagements 'pointless,' a former palace employee told me."

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Queen Elizabeth Shock: Prince Charles' Mom Opts To Cancel Appearances Than To Appear Weak In Public? Ed Sheeran To Play Vital Role In Platinum Jubilee

Prince Harry, however, seemed to falsify the claims in an advertisement for his travel company Travalyst. The better half of Meghan Markle said:

"It was an incredible time. We had an amazing time in New Zealand; it's beautiful."
Advertisement

Meghan Markle, for her part, has previously admitted that the 2018 tour was taxing for her and left her "exhausted."

ALSO READ: Johnny Depp Shock: Jason Momoa Subtly Showed Support To Amber Heard's Ex? Fantastic Beasts Actor Says Aquaman Actress 'Jealous' Of His Friendship With Paul Bettany

Stay tuned to EpicStream for the latest news and updates about Meghan Markle and Prince Harry!