Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero finally hit Japanese theaters, and it looks like the highly-anticipated shonen film is on the path to break box office records. While fans from North America and other regions will have to wait until August (or later) for the anime movie to arrive in theaters in their respective regions, there are already major spoilers that have been leaked, so if you can't wait to find out what will happen, keep on reading below.
Warning: Major spoilers from Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero ahead.
If you've been keeping up with the promos for Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero, you'd already know that the movie is a sequel to 2018's Dragon Ball Super: Broly, and its story focuses on the epic conflict between the Z-Fighters and the newly-revived Red Ribbon Army. Unlike Broly, Super Hero puts Gohan and Piccolo into the spotlight while Goku and Vegeta are taking care of matters outside of Earth. The Red Ribbon Army's new androids Gamma 1 and Gamma 2 will battle Gohan and Piccolo, but apparently, they are not the main villains of the movie.
Here are major spoilers from Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero leaked:
(Note that these spoilers are not in sequential order and that they're all not officially confirmed by Toei Animation)
- Cell Max is the main villain of the movie, and the villain is described to be gigantic and so powerful that Goku and Vegeta couldn't have defeated them.
- Cell Max doesn't have actual lines. He doesn't actually say anything, but just growls like a monster.
- Gohan will be the one who will defeat Cell Max after he transforms into his "Final Gohan" form that turns his hair white and eyes red. The form is similar to Goku's Ultra Instinct.
- Piccolo has two new forms, and one is called Piccolo Orange, which transforms his skin into orange, and makes his body bulkier. The strongest Namekian in the universe's new transformations are unlocked after wishing for his new forms with the Dragon Balls.
- Two wishes are made. The first one, as mentioned above, is for Piccolo's new transformations. The second is for Bulma's butt to get bigger.
- The fat version of Gotenks, the fusion form of Goten and Trunks, also fights Cell Max.
- Dr. Hedo and Gamma 1 end up working with Bulma's Capsule Corp. at the end of the movie.
- Pan learns how to fly for the first time despite the Dragon Ball Super anime series already showing a younger Pan doing this.
- Gamma 2 fights Piccolo, but he will die after being killed by Cell Max
- Magenta is killed by Harachimaru.
- In the post-credits scene, Vegeta defeats Goku in a sparring match in the end of the movie.
- Goku and Vegeta train with Broly in the planet of Beerus and Whis, and Goku is frustrated with Broly for not being able to control his anger.
- Vegeta says that he's trying to learn from Jiren's mental discipline while fighting.
- Gohan's Ultimate form is unlocked while fighting Gamma 1 after Pan screams in pain.
- Dr. Hedo tries to stop Magenta from activating Cell Max.
- Piccolo turns giant after Krillin reminds him that he could do that while fighting Cell Max.
- The "Final Gohan" transformation is a throwback to the scene when Gohan defeated Cell in Dragon Ball Z.
Watch the trailer for Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero:
You can read the official synopsis for Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero below:
"The Red Ribbon Army was once destroyed by Son Goku. Individuals, who carry on its spirit, have created the ultimate Androids, Gamma 1 and Gamma 2. These two Androids call themselves "Super Heroes". They start attacking Piccolo and Gohan... What is the New Red Ribbon Army's objective? In the face of approaching danger, it is time to awaken, Super Hero."
Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero is now showing in Japanese theaters this Saturday, June 11, 2022, and it's reportedly hitting theaters in North America on August 19, and other regions this summer.