Prince Harry Shock: Meghan Markle's Husband Missing This Royal Event Amid Security Row? Duke Warned His Memoir Is A Potential Threat To Queen Elizabeth's Power

share to other networks share to twitter share to facebook

Prince Harry has been making it to the headlines lately amid his security row with the U.K. government as he suggests paying for his own group of bodyguards when his family visits the British soil. The husband of Meghan Markle is embroiled in a High Court battle against the Home Office after he was told he would not get the “same degree” of security when coming back from America.

Rumors are rife that the current security battle of Prince Harry indicates his interest in coming back to the U.K. with Meghan Markle two years after their shocking royal exit. This time, however, would be more special as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are reportedly returning with Archie and Lilibet, who has yet to meet the other members of the royal family.

ALSO READ: Prince William Shock: Kate Middleton's Husband Warned By Queen Elizabeth Amid Prince Charles' Plan To Change The Monarchy? Royal Couple Is Doing This After 2 Years

Now, new reports claimed that Prince Harry would not return to the U.K. for a service dedicated to his late grandfather, Prince Philip. Keep on reading to know more details.

Advertisement

Prince Harry Ditching Prince Philip’s Memorial

A spokesperson for Prince Harry confirmed that the Duke of Sussex would not be traveling back to the U.K. to grace the upcoming memorial service for Prince Philip later this month. Royal author Omid Scobie revealed the decision in a tweet, stating:

"A spokesperson for the Sussexes confirms that Prince Harry will not be returning to the UK for the Service of Thanksgiving for the life of Prince Philip on March 29. He does, however, hope to visit the Queen as soon as possible."

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Queen Elizabeth Shock: Prince Charles' Mom Shockingly Did This To Ex-POTUS Barack Obama? Her Majesty Ditches Major Royal Event But Expected To Grace Prince Philip Memorial Service

The shocking announcement came amid Prince Harry’s ongoing legal battle surrounding police protection for the Sussex family. The better half of Meghan Markle offered to pay for the personal security detail himself after they lost their taxpayer-funded police protection upon quitting their roles as senior royals in early 2020.

Prince Harry previously stated he wants to bring Meghan Markle, Archie, and Lilibet to the U.K. However, the Duke of Sussex insisted he “does not feel safe” to do so without the protection he seeks.

ALSO READ: Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Heartbreak: Sussex Pair Has 'Noisy' And 'Attention-Seeking' Work Ethic? Royal Couple Reportedly Not Joining Queen Elizabeth On Prince Philip's Memorial Service

Advertisement

Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles, and Prince William have not met Lilibet Diana yet. The legal team of Prince Harry is arguing the Sussex family in the U.S. could not operate with the same efficiency abroad and do not have access to U.K. intelligence networks.

Introducing the case for its first hearing in February, Shaheed Fatima QC argued that Prince Harry was “desperate” to return to visit family and friends.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Queen Elizabeth Shock: Monarch Chooses Windsor Castle Over Buckingham Palace Because Of This? Prince Philip's Wife Reportedly Discussed Russia-Ukraine Conflict With Canadian PM Justin Trudeau

She said:

"This claim is about the fact that the claimant does not feel safe when he is in the UK given the security arrangements applied to him in June 2021 and will continue to be applied to him. It goes without saying that he does want to come back to see family and friends and to continue to support the charities that are so close to his heart. Most of all, this is and always will be his home."

ALSO READ: Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Revelation: Archie And Lilibet To Have New Sibling Soon? Sussex Pair Reportedly Makes Sure To Honor Princess Diana And Doria Ragland

Prince Harry Could ‘Totally Embarrass’ Queen Elizabeth?

Advertisement

Meanwhile, royal experts called out the “unfortunate timing” of Prince Harry in releasing his memoir, especially since it could “completely embarrass” Queen Elizabeth. Royal biographer Brian Hoey issued the warning during a talk with Express UK.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Shock: Sussex Pair To 'Steal' Attention From Queen Elizabeth If They Return? Royal Couple Urged Not To Bring Lilibet In The U.K.

Speaking to the publication, the royal author said:

"It is very unfortunate timing. It appears deliberate that he is bringing out this memoir at a time that could potentially be very embarrassing to the monarchy and particularly embarrassing to the Queen herself. I think it's a great shame, I wish he had been advised otherwise."

Earlier this year, Prince Harry announced he was writing a memoir, which is set to be released in late 2022. The book, to be published by Penguin Random House, serves as an opportunity for Meghan Markle’s husband to tell his side of the story about his childhood, time in the military, and decision to step back from his senior royal roles.

ALSO READ: Prince William Heartbreak: Kate Middleton's Husband At His 'Lowest Point' After Prince Harry And Meghan Markle's Exit? Dukes' Rift Would Reportedly End If This Happens

Stay tuned to EpicStream for the latest news and updates about Prince Harry!