Prince Andrew has become a receiving end of criticisms and disparagements since he got involved in the controversial Jeffrey Epstein scandal. Things even worsened when Virginia Giuffre claimed that the former husband of Sarah Ferguson s*xually assaulted her on three occasions when she was 17.
The brother of Prince Charles, Princess Anne, and Prince Edward made headlines again after he escorted Queen Elizabeth during a memorial service for the late Prince Philip in March. It was the first time Prince Andrew had been seen at a public event since the settlement of the civil s*x-assault case brought against him in the United States.
Now, new reports suggested that Prince Andrew is tangled in a new scandal involving a mysterious $1.4 million payoff an elderly woman claimed was stolen from her by the duke's close friend, Selman Turk. Keep on reading to know more details.
Prince Andrew Caught In A Scam?
Globe, in its upcoming April 25, 2022 issue, claimed that Selman Turk's payout to Prince Andrew was revealed in a British lawsuit filed by Nebahat Isbilen, wife of Ilhan Isbilen, a member of Turkey's parliament. The accuser claimed Selman scammed her out of $52 million and $1.4 million of the stolen cash reportedly ended up being paid to the Duke of York.
Nebahat claimed Selman told her the payment was for Prince Andrew's help in getting her passport. However, the father of Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice, reportedly, denied the claims vehemently.
Selman Turk, instead, claimed Nebahat Isbilen gave the money to Prince Andrew on "her own initiative." As per Globe, things got even more puzzling with court documents showing Selman also gave Nebahat's money to the York family, including Sarah Ferguson, Princess Beatrice, and Princess Eugenie.
Amanda Thirsk, former private secretary of Prince Andrew, reportedly claimed a $1 million payment to the duke from Selmam was "a wedding gift" for Princess Beatrice, who tied the knot with Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi in July 2020. The court papers, according to Globe, also stated that Selman gave $300,000 to Sarah Ferguson and $33,000 to Princess Eugenie.
The payment for Sarah Ferguson, as per court documents, was supposedly for work she did for the Pegasus Group, a development firm in the U.S. Globe made it clear that Prince Andrew and his family are not accused of any wrongdoing so far.
A spokesman for Prince Andrew's ex-wife said:
"The duchess was completely unaware of the allegations that have since emerged against Mr. Turk."
Pals of Princess Beatrice, as per the entertainment news publication, claimed that she was completely "blindsided" by the huge money gift Prince Andrew gave to reportedly pay for her wedding. The 33-year-old royal, allegedly, told her friends she does not know Selman and is devastated at being linked to the scandal.
The legal actions of Nebahat Isbilen came after Prince Andrew's civil court settlement that squashed Virginia Giuffre's rape claim. The alleged victim said Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell pimped her out when she was 17 to Prince Andrew, who was 41 years old at the time.
Globe previously reported that settling the suit of Virginia Giuffre saved Prince Andrew from having to testify under oath on what he knew about the s*x trafficking ring of the late Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell. However, the son of Queen Elizabeth insisted that he never met Virginia, despite a snap showing him with his arm around his accuser.
A royal follower, as for the latest lawsuit involving Selman Turk, noted:
"Even if it's all an innocent mistake, Andrew has once again brought more scandal and disgrace upon the monarchy."
Prince Andrew, who has been forced to retire from royal life and civil honors, has yet to comment on the claims that he, Sarah Ferguson, Princess Eugenie, and Princess Beatrice scored cash from an old lady's plundered fortune.
Meghan Markle And Prince Harry Likely To Avoid Prince Andrew At Platinum Jubilee?
Meanwhile, other reports claimed that Netflix could ask Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to avoid Prince Andrew at Queen Elizabeth's Platinum Jubilee celebrations in June. Royal expert Christopher Joll claimed that the American streaming giant would not like the Duke and Duchess of Sussex around "shamed" Duke of York.
Speaking to LBC, the military historian said:
"They've entered into multimillion-dollar contracts with Netflix and Spotify amongst others. We know that there was a Netflix crew lurking in the precincts of Windsor Castle for the most recent meeting. That creates several problems one of which is if the Queen is determined that Prince Andrew should be part of her Platinum Jubilee celebrations, his appearance at the memorial service on the arm of his mother would indicate that he is going to be part of it. Netflix will run a million miles or they will tell the Sussexes to run a million miles from being in the same shot with Prince Andrew."
Most, if not all, royal followers are aware that Netflix recently accompanied Meghan Markle and Prince Harry in Europe for a documentary on Invictus Games. The online streaming service provider is also expected to cover the behind-the-scenes of Queen Elizabeth's Platinum Jubilee celebrations should the nephew of Prince Andrew decides to join the royal family with Meghan Markle, Archie, and Lilibet.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have yet to comment on the latest statement of Christopher Joll about the possibility of them avoiding Prince Andrew at Queen Elizabeth's Platinum Jubilee revelries.
Stay tuned to EpicStream for the latest news and updates about Prince Andrew!
For more articles like this, take a look at our Pop Culture page.