Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are expected to produce more content on Netflix and Spotify this year. Most, if not all, followers of the royal couple are aware that they managed to secure lucrative deals just months following their infamous split with the royal family.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex previously said that they want to be financially independent. Aside from signing up deals, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry also reportedly set up 11 companies in Delaware, which is branded as the American tax haven.
Now, new reports claimed that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry risk running out of “currency” following their Netflix and Spotify deals. Keep on reading to know more details.
Where Would Meghan Markle And Prince Harry Go After Securing Deals?
Following the reports of the Sussex couple’s deal with Netflix and Spotify, royal expert Katie Nicholl wondered where Meghan Markle and Prince Harry would go when they finish their deals. During an appearance on True Royalty TV’s The Royal Beat, Katie stated:
“I think the biggest threat to Harry and Meghan, once these book deals are done and the podcasts are done and Spotify, then what is their currency?”
Another royal expert shared the same sentiments about Meghan Markle and Prince Harry. Talking on Pod Save The Queen, Russel Myers shared:
“I don’t think they’ll just give out tens of millions of pounds to Harry and Meghan to just churn out podcasts like they did on the pilot episode. As nice as it was, I don’t think it’s breaking any new ground. And certainly the money that is being given to Harry and Meghan, they are going to presumably want them to do something a bit meatier.”
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Kate Middleton Shock: Prince William's Wife To Do This At Queen Elizabeth's Platinum Jubilee Celebration? Cambridge Couple To Reportedly Reunite With Prince Charles, Camilla, Prince Edward And Sophie In MarchIt has been suggested that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry could learn from Joe Rogan’s example. Dr. Tessa Dunlop, a historian and broadcaster, wrote in MailPlus, Monday:
“What Spotify really cares about is subscribers, and Joe Rogan has brought them millions. Harry and Meghan can express as much ‘concern’ as they like but their £18million podcast contract with the audio streaming giant is small fry in comparison. Ditto the music of Neil Young and Joni Mitchell who’ve abandoned the platform in protest.”
ALSO READ: Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Shock: Sussex Couple Shouldn't Come To Prince Philip's Memorial Service Because Of This? Pair Reportedly Has 'Nightmare' In Their Hands After Failing To Produce Spotify Content
Tessa added that people like Joe Rogan “have the real power” in a “new media landscape.” She furthered:
“Quite where Harry and Meghan sit in this edgy new world is a puzzle. An £18million contract is a lot of podcasts even if you arrive on the scene with a massive celebrity head start. They promised shows that would ‘inspire, challenge and educate’ but so far have produced almost nothing. How they proceed from here is a conundrum. If Harry and Meghan want to control their new space and really have a voice, they need to start putting hours in. If nothing else, Joe Rogan’s story is a timely reminder of the old idiom ‘luck is great, but most of life is hard work.’”
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Meghan Markle Shock: Trolls To Continue Attacking 'Narcissist' And 'Gold Digger' Royal Until 'Something Bad Happens' To Her? Duchess Reportedly Couldn't Support Prince Harry's Latest Moves
Both Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have yet to comment on these statements.
Meghan Markle And Prince Harry Want To Return To The UK?
Meanwhile, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry reportedly have their “hearts set” on coming home to the U.K. amid their security row. An unnamed source told Us Weekly, per iHeart, that the Sussex couple does not want Archie and Lilibet to miss out on having close relationships with their cousins – Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis among others.
Despite this, Prince Harry is reported not risking the safety of his family should the security row remains unresolved. The unidentified insider told the entertainment news outlet:
“Harry has his heart set on returning to the U.K. to see the queen with Meghan, Archie and Lilibet, but that will only happen if the government takes the appropriate measures to protect his family. He refuses to put them at risk. Their safety comes before anything else. Harry and Meghan are doing everything they can to make the world a better place and feel it would be wrong to rob their children of the opportunity of getting to know their cousins. It’s obviously difficult because of the distance factor, so Harry sweetly organized a special Zoom call with Prince William so that the cousins could get to see each other."
Most, if not all, royal followers are aware that Prince Harry is no longer enjoying tax-funded police protection while in the U.K. after he stepped down as a working member of the royal family. The husband of Meghan Markle, as a matter of fact, requested to fund the police protection personally so his family could travel for a visit.
Unfortunately, the request of Prince Harry was denied.
Earlier this month, a legal spokesperson of Meghan Markle’s better half said:
“Prince Harry inherited a security risk at birth, for life. He remains sixth in line to the throne, served two tours of combat duty in Afghanistan, and in recent years his family has been subjected to well-documented neo-Nazi and extremist threats. While his role within the Institution has changed, his profile as a member of the royal family has not. Nor has the threat to him and his family.”
Prince Harry is said to travel back to the U.K. in April to grace the memorial service for the late Prince Philip and in June to celebrate Queen Elizabeth’s Platinum Jubilee. It remains to be seen, however, if he would be able to return with Meghan Markle, Archie, and Lilibet this time around.
Stay tuned to EpicStream for the latest news and updates about Meghan Markle and Prince Harry!