Jujutsu Kaisen 0 is undeniably one of the biggest anime movies that welcomed this year and it is finally coming out globally. Crunchyroll just dropped its English-subtitled trailer with international release dates depending on the country where the film would be arriving. Aside from that, an English dubbed version will be on US and Canada theaters.
Jujutsu Kaisen 0 is one of the biggest films to grace the Japanese theaters and it will now be coming into the international scene. Crunchyroll released the official English-subtitled trailer of Jujutsu Kaisen 0 with the announcement of the release dates of when the film would be out in each of the countries where the movie will be available. Along with the trailer comes an official poster of the movie as well.
The following are the release dates for Jujutsu Kaisen 0 on select regions:
- March 10 – Singapore, Malaysia, and Brunei
- March 16 – France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Morocco, Tunisia, Indonesia, and Mongolia
- March 17 – Australia and New Zealand
- March 18 – US, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Democratic Republic Of Congo, Congo, Burkina Faso, Algeria, Ivory Coast, Senegal, , Djibouti, Mali, Guinea, Niger, Togo Cameroon, Madagascar, and Benin
- March 24 – Mexico, Brazil, and Argentina
- March 29 – Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- March 31 – The Netherlands
Since Jujutsu Kaisen 0 opened in Japan, the film already sold 8.85 million tickets which brings in to their box office 12.3 billion yen or around $107 million USD. It is currently the #1 highest-earning movie in Japan for 2021 and it sits as the 23rd highest-grossing film in the country. With its international release, it is expected that these numbers would continue to go up.
The prequel movie centers on Yuta Okkotsu who has a childhood best friend and love lost to a car accident, Rika, and with a ring containing a promise, Rika remains with him beyond death, being a cursed spirit who follows him always. When Yuta comes into the Jujutsu Academy, he encounters Gojo Satoru who gives him lessons on how to manage a cursed spirit like Rika’s.
Jujutsu Kaisen’s first season can be streamed online on Crunchyroll in its original Japanese audio with English subtitles for the price of $9.99 a month, or $79.99 a year. It is from the pages of the supernatural shōnen manga series of the same name by Gege Akutami.