The Most Epic Fantasy and Sci-Fi Website

Boruto's Resurrection Revealed in Latest Manga Chapter

Warning: This article contains spoilers from Boruto Naruto: Next Generations Chapters 67 and 68.

When anime fans read Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Chapter 66 last month, fans were shocked to see Boruto Uzumaki killed by his adopted brother Kawaki, in an effort to kill the Ohtsutsuki known as Momoshiki that resided in the body of Naruto's son. However, in the latest chapter of Masashi Kishimoto's popular shonen series, we learned how Boruto is able to escape death.

click to enlarge
Credit: Shueisha

In the previous chapter, Kawaki is able to blow a huge hole through Boruto's chest, using his powerful Karma, but this month's chapter, titled Rift, brings Boruto back to life thanks to his connection to the Otsutsuki. Both Naruto and Shikimaru were shocked to see the devastating injuries Boruto faced, but surprisingly, after the conclusion of the battle between Kawaki and Code, Boruto begins to show signs of life, and even he is shocked to see that he was revived.

When Boruto asks how he was able to survive, Momoshiki appears before him, then explains how he not only saved his life, but fundamentally altered his DNA in the process:

"Part of your heart and lungs were destroyed and you lost a large amount of blood. You would've died of course, had I not interfered. I resuscitated you, using part of the Karma," Momoshiki explained. "As you know, your Karma contains all of me in data form, compressed. About 82 percent had already been extracted and diffused into your body. My resurrection would finally become possible once the remaining 18 percent finished extracting, but regrettably, not if my Vessel itself were to get destroyed beforehand. So I had no choice, but to rewrite that last 18 percent in your data, so that the cells and tissues you lost could be fabricated anew."

Related: Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Unleashes The Power of Daemon

This surprising revelation means that it's now impossible for Momoshiki to resurrect himself in Boruto's body fully, while also making Boruto a "pure genuine, and complete Ohtsutsuki", meaning he can now be sacrificed to the Ten-Tails as part of Code's plan.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Chapter 67 is now available to read on Viz Media. You can read more details about it here.

For more articles like this, take a look at our Anime and Geek Culture page.