Prince William Furious at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle for Doing Another Netflix Project? Sussexes Hijacking Princess Diana’s Legacy, Royal Expert Claims

share to other networks share to twitter share to facebook
prince-william-furious-at-prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-for-doing-another-netflix-project-sussexes-hijacking-princess-dianas-legacy-royal-expert-claims
Credit: Real Royalty/YouTube Screenshot

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are doing another project with Netflix. However, Prince William is "furious" about it, according to a royal expert.

Prince Harry And Meghan Markle Hijacking Princess Diana's Legacy, Leaving Prince William Furious?

Netflix dropped the first trailer of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's upcoming Netflix project Live to Lead Monday. In the trailer, Prince Harry said that the project "was inspired by Nelson Mandela, who once said, 'What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived."

Advertisement

Kinsey Schofield, host of the To Di For Daily podcast, criticized the Sussexes for the project and was visibly not thrilled with it.

"And please give Nelson Mandela a rest. Mr. Mandela was so close to Princess Diana and it seems like Harry and Meghan are completely hijacking Diana's story and legacy," the royal commentator told Fox News Digital. "Leaving Prince William irate."

READ: Meghan Markle, Prince Harry’s New Trailer Trashes Royal Family? Expert Claims Sussexes Want to Destroy the Institution

To be clear, the royal family, including King Charles and Prince William, haven't released any statement in response to the Sussexes' allegations in their docuseries. Royal experts believed that they would not respond to it and would pay no attention to the Sussexes.

"The palace is not going to respond," Queen Elizabeth's former press secretary Dickie Arbiter said on Today.

"They're not going to contribute to the narrative that's laid down by the Sussexes because that is just fighting fire with fire and nothing can be gained from that because it's a case of he says, she says, she says, he says, so nothing's going to be gained from that."

YOU MIGHT LIKE: Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Faking Press Intrusion? Sussexes Slammed For Using Stock Photos On Netflix Trailer

Advertisement

Will Prince Harry And Meghan Markle's New Documentary Be Successful?

Royal contributor Shannon Felton Spence believed that Netflix was smart to start the Sussexes' projects on the streaming giant with a documentary about themselves. According to him, the strategy was to paint Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in a good light.

"It would benefit everyone for them to leave their grievance behind once and for all and fully step up as feel-good conveners and storytellers the way they keep saying they want to," he added.

"The Netflix deal was for more than just the Harry and Meghan documentary, but Netflix knew that was the only guaranteed big hit. So they put it up front, I’m sure that was part of the deal, and now we’ll see some of that 'inspiring' content they have been promising."

Advertisement

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: King Charles, Queen Consort Camilla ‘Appalled’ by Prince Harry, Meghan Markle’s Docuseries? Senior Royals Reportedly ‘Not Worried but Wearied’ With Netflix Documentary

However, he couldn't say if the new project would be successful after the royal couple had previously cashed in on the royal family.

"But only time will tell if they have any cache outside of their royal status. I think after six hours of documentary we’re all ready to turn that page. We’ll have to wait and see how successful that type of content will be after they have cashed in on all their royal stories. Netflix was smart to have the Harry & Meghan documentary upfront," he said.

Live to Lead will premiere on Netflix on Dec. 31.

Advertisement

RELATED: Prince William Breaking Silence to Defend Monarchy From Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Dubious Claims? The Firm Reportedly Willing to Ditch the Royal Mantra