Prince Charles is following in the footsteps of his son, Prince Harry, who launched a documentary series on Apple TV in May. In September, it was confirmed that the Prince of Wales would be releasing his very own series via Prime Video to raise awareness of climate change.
However, there were claims that Prince Charles' decision to have his own series appeared to be a dig at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, who previously decided to give up their royal status to focus on living a normal life.
Though some reports made it clear that the Duke of Cornwall does not have any bad blood with Harry and Meghan, others are convinced that things are not well between the royal family and the Sussex couple.
Is Prince Charles Competing With Prince Harry And Meghan Markle?
Woman's Day Australia, in its upcoming October 11 issue, reported that Prince Charles might be proving something to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle after he announced his new series with Amazon Prime. An unnamed insider told the entertainment news outlet:
"The timing of him announcing the series was interesting given Harry and Meghan were clearly filming in New York at the time. Maybe it's Pop's way of showing them they aren't the only ones with showbiz contract."
Most, if not all, fans are aware that the 72-year-old royal is actually the editor-in-chief of RE:TV, a Prime Video channel that "aims to encourage businesses and individuals around the world to actively work towards sustainability." The documentary of Prince Charles, which started airing last month, has a total of 20 episodes.
The focus of the series, as per Insider, is how businesses around the globe are tackling climate change. Prince Charles believes that there is still hope in saving the planet, but we are running out of time. In a press release, the husband of Camilla Parker-Bowles said:
"I've spent a lot my lifetime trying to engage people and businesses with the issues and solutions of the climate crisis. RE:TV was therefore set up with the aim of capturing the will and imagination of humanity and champion the most inspiring solutions for sustainability from around the world."
The documentary series of Prince Charles came after Prince Harry's docuseries called The Me You Can't See, which Duke of Sussex executive produced with Oprah Winfrey. Unlike his father's program, Harry's series focused on mental health.
Prince Charles Allegedly ‘Upset' Over Prince Harry's Public Claims
Meanwhile, an unidentified insider told Vanity Fair royal corresponded Katie Nicholl that Prince Charles is "frustrated" over Harry's claim that the royal family cut him off financially. The tipster claimed:
"Charles was quite upset at the suggestion he had cut Harry off. Initially he didn't and he went on to provide for some time, but there was a point when Charles decided enough was enough. The bank of dad couldn't keep handing out indefinitely."
The entertainment news outlet shared that the royal expenditure reports indicated Prince Charles provided William and Harry's families £4.5 million or $6.27 million in the fiscal year starting in April 2020.
Though the report did not specify how much money was given to each of Princess Diana's sons, a royal representative claimed, as per Fox News, that the Prince of Wales allotted a significant amount of money to support the Sussex couple as they transitioned out of their royal obligations.
The Clarence House spokesperson furthered that the financial support for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle stopped in Summer 2020. It added that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are now financially independent. The representative for Harry and Meghan, however, insisted that there is no contradiction in what the prince divulged to Oprah.
Up until now, neither Prince Charles nor Prince Harry has commented on the real state of their relationship. So, avid followers of the royal family should take all these rift rumors lightly until everything is proven true and correct.
Stay tuned to EpicStream for the latest news and updates about Prince Charles!