Many felt that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle turned their backs on their royal status to become celebrities. However, according to a columnist, it wasn't worth it.
Prince Harry And Meghan Markle Snubbed By Oprah Winfrey And Barack Obama?
Oprah Winfrey celebrated her 69th birthday Sunday. She celebrated her natal day with several celebrities, including Jennifer Lopez, Kim Kardashian, Sharon Stone, Jessica Alba, and more megastars, Express reported.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's absence were noticeable, especially since they did their first TV interview after Megxit with Winfrey.
READ: Prince William Shock: Prince Harry's Brother Has Worse Stories to Share About Meghan Markle's Husband, Kate Middleton's Spouse Is Always There to Pick Up the Pieces, Pal Claims
Many also noticed that they were not around at former President Barack Obama's 60th birthday. The event was also star-studded.
Hollywood celebrities, including George Clooney, Jay-Z and Beyoncé, were there to party with the former politician. The party took place a few months after the Sussexes' interview with Winfrey, sparking tension between them and the members of the royal family.
ALSO READ: Prince Harry Shock: Meghan Markle's Husband Claims Prince William Could Veto What He Wants, Kate Middleton's Spouse Wants to Win Their Lifelong Competition
Did Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Lose Their Gamble?
Spectator columnist Kara Kennedy weighed in on the snubs. According to her, it only showed that the Sussexes made a poor choice in trading in their life of service to be celebrities.
"Snubs like this show that the tide is turning with the Sussexes - and that the gamble that saw them trade in the lifelong duty of being working royalty for the money and fame of being celebrities hasn't paid off," she wrote.
She also quoted a Hollywood insider who claimed that they wanted equal drama. The people around the couple had reportedly realized that the pair never wanted a quiet life, which was what they said when they left the royal family.
READ MORE: King Charles Shock: Prince William's Father Considering a Nuclear Option Against Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Amid Attacks in Spare? Sussexes Have Gone Rogue, Expert Claims
Last year, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Netflix docuseries Harry & Meghan premiered. On Jan. 9, Prince Harry dropped his memoir Spare.
Even Omid Scobie, Finding Freedom co-author, warned the royal couple to move forward after their attacks on the royal family in their documentary and in Prince Harry's memoir before people get tired of them.
"I do think that they're in a slightly risky spot where they need to be aware of the fact that this has to be the line drawn," Scobie said.
"Otherwise, I think people — even the most staunch supporters — will start to feel the frustration of not seeing the couple move forward or find that happiness they talk about. So I think that now is the time where they have to move forward as well."
Do you agree that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's gamble wasn't worth it?
Stay tuned for more news and updates about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
RELATED: Prince Harry Jealous of Prince William, Kate Middleton's Luxurious Apartment? Meghan Markle's Husband Admits Being Embarrassed by IKEA Lamps, Second-Hand Sofa in Nottingham Cottage