Marvel Studios has recently released a new deleted scene from on of its latest MCU movies, Eternals ahead of the movie’s streaming debut on Disney+ and video on demand. The new “Small Talk” scene shows Sprite (Lia McHugh) visiting the museum and having a conversation with Dane Whitman (Kit Harrington). Although their conversation, on its surface, looks to be about dinosaurs (Deviants), Athena (Thena), and all of the illusions humanity chooses to believe in, it all ultimately comes back to Whitman’s relationship with Sprite’s “aunt,” which is Sersi. You can watch the deleted scene below, which Marvel Studios released via IGN. This deleted scene follows another deleted scene that involves Thanos and the Avengers.
Those are just two of the deleted scenes that are included with the special feature on Eternals’ home media releases. Below is the full list of special features that include these deleted scenes and other features:
- Nostalgia - Both Sprite and Makkari reminisce about humankind while overlooking all of the ruins of Babylon.
- Movies - Kingo (Kumasi Nanjiani) and Gilgamesh (Done Lee) connect over movies while they were crossing the Amazon River with the rest of their team.
- Gravity - Jack (Esau Daniel Cross) and Phastos (Brian Tyree Henry) have a conversation that leads to a breakthrough.
- Small Talk - Sprite controls Dane Whitman in the museum about his interactions with her “aunt,” Sersi (Gemma Chan).
- Gag Reel - Watch some of the hilarious mishaps of the crew and casts.
- Walks of Life - Eternals unveils one of Marvel’s biggest and most diverse lineup of Super-Heroes in one movie. Hear the reactions of the cast on being involved in the movie and the instant sense of camaraderie that was felt on the day they all joined each other in their own costumes.
- Immortalized - The Marvel Cinematic Universe’s Phase 4 launches into the cosmos with the Eternals. In this behind-the-scenes documentary, you’ll be able to know the reasons why Marvel wanted to immortalize these superheroes for the MCU.
- Audio Commentary - Watch the film with audio commentary by Stephane Carreti, Mårten Larsson, and the director Chloé Zhao.
Marvel’s Eternals introduces a new group of superheroes to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. These ancient aliens have lived on Earth in secret for thousands of years. After the events of Avengers: Endgame, a new and unexpected tragedy forces them out of hiding and reunite against humanity’s oldest ancient enemy, the Deviants.
Eternals was released exclusively in theaters on November 5, 2021. It will be available to stream in Disney+ on January 12, 2022.