28 Aug 2019 2:55 PM +00:00 UTC

Fans Don’t Have Faith In Sony’s Ability To Make A Good Spider-Man Movie

Marvel fans were devastated last week when they heard the news that the Spider-Man agreement between Sony and Disney had fallen through, leaving Tom Holland's Spider-Man out of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Ever since he first appeared in Captain America: Civil War, Holland's Spider-Man was widely considered as one of the very best version of the web-crawler on the big screen. The British actor's Peter Parker played a major role in many Marvel films after that, becoming a significant figure in Iron Man's (Robert Downey Jr.) life.

Though some fans would like to see Spider-Man come face to face with Sony's villains like Venom (Tom Hardy) and Carnage (Woody Harrelson), most would want to keep him over at the MCU. Sure, Sony's new Venom might have ended up being a pretty well-loved character despite all the terrible reviews from critics, but fans don't really have that much faith in Sony's ability in producing Spider-Man movies.

Advertisement

Cosmic Book News ran a poll to see just how many fans believe that Sony could pull off a proper Spider-Man film with Holland on board, and it looks like the fanbase doesn't really have that much faith in the studio.

Out of 4,100 votes, only 36% said yes, they think that Sony could make a good Spider-Man movie. The other 64% were pretty certain that the studio would botch up the project.

We can't blame the fanbase either. Amazing Spider-Man and Amazing Spider-Man 2 were critical flops. After seeing Holland in the MCU, fans wouldn't want anything else, really.

Spider-Man: Far From Home is expected to receive its digital release sometime in October.

Read: Disney+: Marvel Also Working on 'Miss America' Series Focused on Latina Superheroine