Winter 2022 was a truly exciting time for anime fans as we got several returning shows and new anime to enjoy. But which one was the true favorite for fans in Japan? Filmarks has just unveiled the rankings and not surprisingly, Attack on Titan Season 4 Part 2 is in the lead. Amazingly, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean almost took the second spot but was defeated by another Netflix anime!
Filmarks is Japan's largest movie, drama, and anime review service and the outlet has revealed two major rankings for Winter 2022. The first one ranks the 10 highest rated anime according to Japanese fans while the second one reveals the 5 most commented anime.
Here are the 10 Highest Rated Anime by Japanese Fans
- Attack on Titan Final Season Part 2 (4.47 out of 5)
- Aggretsuko Season 4 (4.31 out of 5)
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean (4.27 out of 5)
- The Heike Story (4.24 out of 5)
- Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Season 2 - Entertainment District Arc (4.23 out of 5)
- Teasing Master Takagi-san Season 3 (4.19 out of 5)
- My Dress-Up Darling (4.11 out of 5)
- Akebi's Sailor Uniform (3.97 out of 5)
- The Orbital Children (3.87 out of 5)
- Police in a Pod (3.83 out of 5)
Aggretsuko, or Aggressive Retsuko ("Aguresshibu Retsuko") is an anime based on the Sanrio character of the same name. The series has been popular in Japan and it's no surprise that fans rate it so highly.
Although Demon Slayer Season 2 only made it to the Top 5, it took the lead in the second ranking.
Take a look at the 5 Most Commented Anime by Japanese Fans
- Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Entertainment District Arc (551 comments)
- Attack on Titan Final Season Part 2 (304 comments)
- The Heike Story (304 comments)
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure STONE OCEAN (221 comments)
- 5. My Dress-Up Darling (219 comments)
Filmarks is an independent firm and is not affiliated with any of the anime studios.
Related: Spy x Family Fans Spot Attack on Titan's Jean 'Cameo' in Episode 2
For more articles like this, take a look at our Anime , Attack on Titan , Netflix , and Geek Culture pages.