Compared to some of Riot's more major patches, VALORANT Patch 3.08 focuses on improving the shooting game's internal systems.
Players will now get notified if their report against a toxic player has resulted in action being taken against them such as being banned or suspended from playing the game. Previously, some players received notifications when someone they reported got banned, but Riot is making it clearer for players to see if their report resulted in action.
Finally, players will now be able to equip any skin level except on variants, which will default to max skin level, so this is great news for the Prime Karambit users who want to use the original animation more.
Another major change is VALORANT's progression UI. Players can now hide their level via a checkbox system, and they can also equip a new border for their player card with the Playercard selection.
In addition to these major changes, the latest patch also comes with an update for esports coach features as well as bug fixes, including an audio fix in the map Split and a fix for the weapon skins not appearing correctly in the game.
VALORANT Patch Notes 3.08
You can read the full patch notes from Riot Games below:
Persistent Report Feedback
- Your reports matter, and we want you to know that! You will now be notified if we took
action on one of your reports, whether you are offline or not.
- If your client is up and running, you’ll receive a notification. If you’re offline at the time of action, fret not! You’ll receive your notification upon your return.
Level Border Customization
- You will be able to equip any Account Level Border that has been unlocked
- A tab has been added to Playercard selection.
Hide Account Level
- It’s now possible to hide your Account Level when in a match with others who are not your friends
- To enable, uncheck the box located in the Level Border tab.
Equippable Skin Levels
- You should be able to equip any skin level except on variants, which will always default to the max skin level.
- Reduced instances where UI is invalidated
- Basically, lowered the amount of times the UI needed to update itself, thus saving performance costs.
- Optimized Viper’s Poison Cloud 1P HUD
- Optimized Viper’s Pit 1P HUD
- Optimized weapon and ability clipping plane calculations
- Coaches now have the ability to swap to players with keybinds
- Keybinds are 1-5 from left to right across the top HUD.
- Coaches will now see a visual Picture-in-Picture (PIP) on the top player HUD to indicate who they are spectating
- Coaches now inherit the setting to see player keybindings on the minimap, similar to Observers
- The valves on Viper’s gloves now appear on the correct side of her hands in Left Hand Mode
- Weapon skins should now appear correctly in-game
- Attackers at A Lobby in Split could previously hear gunshots from the A Ramps during the buy phase — this was unintended and is now fixed
- Viper’s Ultimate will no longer spawn incorrectly when placed on top of the shipping crates on B site located on Icebox
- You may have noticed if you shot certain walls repeatedly a blinding orb would appear — this was caused by bloom stacking infinitely and should now be fixed
- Observers can now correctly see player outlines through barriers
- Fixed hitch that could occur when Barrier Orb breaks
- Fixed hitches for certain input prompts
- Fixed a bug where using Ping (Z) while defusing caused you to stop defusing
With less than a month left before the currect VALORANT act ends, it's likely that the game will get a major update in a few weeks, and we expect Riot to release the new agent, codenamed "Deadeye" soon.
To get notified with the latest VALORANT news, follow VALORANT Source on Twitter.