The Batman Crew was Reportedly Expecting Robert Pattinson's COVID-19 Case

In case you missed it, the production on The Batman was temporarily shut down when it was confirmed that Robert Pattinson had been infected with COVID-19. However, filming has now resumed without the lead star. So how did the cast and crew manage to bounce back so quickly from the problem? Warner Bros. CEO Ann Sarnoff has confirmed that they were expecting the worst when the film had to go back into production.

Sarnoff was asked by The Hollywood Reporter to comment on how The Batman is handling the COVID-19 situation. Interestingly, the WarnerMedia boss stated that they were properly prepared for any problems.

"I think we never expected things to go completely smoothly. In fact, as we've been getting our protocols ready, we built in contingencies," Sarnoff said. "If someone tests positive, you do contact tracing, you pause, you evaluate, and come back when you can. I think it would have been naïve to think we wouldn't have certain cases on certain productions. The most important thing is to be ready for when that happens. And we were very much ready."

Pattinson is currently in quarantine for two weeks while production continues for The Batman. For now, Matt Reeves has been forced to film scenes where the lead star is not involved and has chosen to shoot sequences using body doubles. Hopefully, there will be good news for Pattinson after 14 days.

The Batman is expected to continue production for the next few months. The film is scheduled to premiere on October 1, 2021.

Related: Warner Bros. CEO Says Streaming and Theatrical Releases Can Co-Exist

This Article's Topics

Explore new topics and discover content that's right for you!

DC
Have an opinion on this article? We'd love to hear it!