Shazam! Director Gives Update on Clash with Black Adam

SHARE
share to other networks share to twitter share to facebook

Black Adam had been teased in a deleted scene from Shazam!, and though the two are rivals in the comics, Adam is going to be getting his own movie starring Dwayne ‘The Rock' Johnson. While everyone is waiting on a clash with the World's Mightiest Mortal, director David F. Sandberg reveals he's yet to meet up with the team behind the spinoff.

Talking to ComicBook, Sandberg explains, "No, I haven't talked to [the Black Adam team]… I mean, I assume DC is keeping tabs, that they have the bigger plan. But I don't know what they're doing. I'm just curious to see it, you know?"

Advertisement

While we don't have an official synopsis on Black Adam, rumors have been going around that the film will actually introduce multiple characters, even a full super-team in the form of the Justice Society of America. We don't know which heroes will be making an appearance, but Doctor Fate is said to be a part of the story. There has also been word that the film will give us Hawkman and Hawkgirl.

As for the Shazam! sequel, the post-credits of the first film had teased Mister Mind. We don't know how exactly he's going to go against Billy Batson, but it's likely he could bring back Mark Strong's Sivana. It will also be interesting to see the entire Shazam family coming together in more than just one scene. Fingers crossed we also get that Superman crossover that everyone has been asking for.

The Shazam! sequel is set to come out April 1, 2022.

Read Also: Dwayne Johnson Says Black Adam Could Defeat the Justice League