14 Nov 2021 10:37 AM +00:00 UTC

Queen Elizabeth Heartbreak: Monarch Disappointed Couldn't Attend Remembrance Sunday Service After She Sprained Her Back

Queen Elizabeth II was advised to take a break for several weeks after her latest health scare. Her break would be over a day before Remembrance Sunday, so she planned to attend the event. However, she couldn't make it because she sprained her back.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Meghan Markle Criticized: Prince Harry's Wife Took Swipe At Royal Family? Sussex Couple Accused Of 'Upstaging' Queen Elizabeth With A 'Distasteful PR Stunt'

Queen Elizabeth Couldn't Attend Remembrance Sunday Due To Sprained Back

Advertisement

Queen Elizabeth II was looking forward to resuming her royal duties. She is supposed to make her first public appearance at Remembrance Sunday service in central London to remember those who died on the battlefield while serving the country. However, she couldn't make it after she sprained her back, Buckingham Palace said Sunday per ABC News.

The Queen was "disappointed" with what happened.

ALSO READ: Blake Shelton Heartbreak: Gwen Stefani Turned Off By Husband's 'Doughy And Sweaty' Physique? The Voice Coach To Reportedly Get Liposuction Before Christmas

Queen Elizabeth II was advised by her doctors to rest for two more weeks by the end of October. Due to her doctor's advice, the Queen was forced to cancel several engagements on her diary, including the COP26 climate conference in Glasgow, Scotland.

She was allowed to undertake light, desk-based duties, including virtual attendances. However, she was strictly advised never to undertake any official visits.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Prince Charles Shock: Princess Diana's Ex Unlikely To Give Crown To Prince William? Camilla's Husband Reveals Queen Elizabeth's Real Health State

The palace said the Queen would miss the Festival of Remembrance on Nov. 13. However, she reportedly had the "firm intention" to attend the National Service of Remembrance event on Remembrance Sunday. Apparently, the Queen still couldn't make it.

Advertisement

Royal Family Won't Allow Queen Elizabeth To Have Solo Engagements

Last month, the Queen spent a night at the private King Edward VII's hospital in London for preliminary investigations. It was reportedly advised by her doctors for practical reasons and was not related to COVID-19.

ALSO READ: Kylie Jenner Shock: KUWTK Star And Travis Scott Splitting Soon? Beauty Mogul Reportedly 'Insecure' And 'Extra Paranoid' That 'SICKO MODE' Rapper Is Cheating

Following the incident, the members of the royal family agreed not to allow Queen Elizabeth to do solo engagements after her most recent health scare forced her to cancel a trip to Northern Ireland. A senior member of the family will accompany the Queen for her future engagements to ensure that she could withdraw if needed without disappointing the public with a complete royal no-show, The Telegraph reported.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Meghan Markle Shock: Prince Charles And Royal Family Constantly Criticizing Prince Harry Because Of Her? Duchess Reportedly Thinks Flying Off To Mexico To Reconcile With Thomas Markle Sr. Is 'Impractical'

Prince Charles and his wife, Duchess Camilla, might join the Queen in her future engagements. Prince William and Kate Middleton are also both keen to provide any support they can, according to a source.

However, an unnamed source also told U.K.'s The Times that "it's not uncommon for Her Majesty to be accompanied by family members."

ALSO READ: Kanye West Fury: Rapper Threatened Kim Kardashian To Take Their Kids? 'Off The Grid' Hitmaker Reportedly 'Jealous' Of KUWTK Star's Alleged Romance With Pete Davidson