Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are once again embroiled in a major controversy in relation to Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand’s book, Finding Freedom. The couple is being accused of lying, and their credibility is also being questioned by royal experts and critics.
Amid the ongoing talks regarding Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s involvement in the book, a new allegation surfaced regarding the couple.
ALSO READ: Shiloh Jolie-Pitt Shock: Angelina Jolie’s Daughter Gets A Full-Blown Makeover? Surprised With ‘Hollywood’s It Girl’ Moniker
Meghan Markle Doesn’t Want Prince Harry To Overspend
Life & Style, in its Nov. 29 issue, claimed that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are dealing with spending issues behind closed doors.
A source claimed that Markle always wants to be in control to the point that she monitors Prince Harry’s credit card spending.
“Meghan says she’s just being mindful of their finances since she grew up on a budget, but checking Harry’s credit card statement definitely crosses the henpecked line. He’s a grown man who can check his own statements. Meghan clearly likes being in control, though. She doesn’t like surprises,” the unnamed source said.
The allegations surfaced shortly after Markle sat down for an interview at the New York Times Deal Book Online Summit earlier this month. At the time, the Suits alum said that she doesn’t buy anything online without first looking for promo codes first.
Markle didn’t mention Prince Harry’s spending during her interview, but the unnamed source claimed that the rule of using promo codes also applies to her husband.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Meghan Markle Shock: Prince Harry’s Wife A Liar? Duchess’s Version Of Events Debunked
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Are Set For Life Financially
However, there’s no reason for Prince Harry and Markle to monitor each other’s spending because the couple is already set for life.
Before quitting The Firm, Prince Harry was getting a hefty sum from Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles, and the Sovereign Grant. And this financial support continued even after a year the couple relocated to the United States.
In June, the annual accounts for the Clarence House revealed that Prince Charles paid his sons and their wives $6.3 million. The annual report covers the period from April 1, 2020, to March 31, 2021.
So, this means that Prince Charles continued to support the Duke and Duchess of Sussex even after they quit The Firm. However, Prince Charles told Oprah Winfrey in March that his dad cut him off shortly after he relocated to the United States.
Prince Charles did not directly respond to Prince Harry’s allegations, but his spokesperson immediately denied his son’s claims.
“The Prince of Wales allocated a substantial sum to Harry and Meghan, the duke and duchess last year to support them with their transition in stepping down as senior members of the British royal family and relocating to California,” the spokesperson said via the Washington Post.
Following the couple’s Megxit, Prince Harry and Markle signed lucrative deals with Netflix, Spotify, and more, according to the BBC.
From these deals, the couple will be getting millions. This once again shows that the former senior working royals are set for life.
In fact, Prince Harry and Markle’s joint net worth increased after they left their royal duties. And royal fans are aware that the Sussexes will be earning so much more in the coming months.
Check back for more stories, updates, and rumors about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle here at EpicStream!