Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Reject Prince Charles' Invitation? Prince William And Kate Middleton Reportedly Avoiding Sussexes Until Anticipated Memoir Is Out

share to other networks share to twitter share to facebook

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are back in the United Kingdom. They have several engagements in England this week. However, they are unlikely to meet his family after the frosty reception they received during the Platinum Jubilee celebration in June, according to reports.

Prince Harry And Meghan Markle Reportedly Declines Prince Charles' Invitation

The Duke of Sussex has said several things against his dad, Prince Charles, in his previous interviews. According to him, the Prince of Wales cut him off financially after Megxit. He also seemingly disapproved of his parenting when he said that he wanted to be a different father to his kids and break the cycle of trauma.

Advertisement

Despite that, Prince Charles has reportedly invited him and his wife to stay with him at his Scottish holiday house on the Balmoral estates. The heir apparent has made it clear that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were "always welcome" at his home. However, Prince Harry and Markle reportedly rejected the open invitation.

READ: Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Shock: Royal Author Says Sussexes Were Publicly Humiliated By Palace Officials, Prince William And Kate Middleton Joined Them But Didn't Hide Frayed Relationship

"But the invitation was declined, as it has been before," a source told The Mirror. The future king hasn't reportedly "wavered" on his attempts to reconnect with his younger son "despite the attacks which seem to be coming with increased vigour."

Russel Myers, royal editor at Daily Mirror and co-host at Pod Save The Queen podcast, spoke on Today. When asked if Prince Harry and Markle would be seeing the Queen or any family member while in Town, Myers said "no."

Advertisement

Myers reiterated the Sussexes' decision to decline Prince Charles' invitation. According to him, they were also skipping a meeting with the Queen, which was sad because there had been no news about the 96-year-old monarch recently.

READ MORE: Queen Elizabeth Shock: Prince Harry's Grandmother Authorized Seating Snub At St. Paul Cathedral, Forcing Meghan Markle, Husband To Sit Away From Senior Royals Despite Grand Entrance, Tom Bower Claims

Prince William And Kate Middleton Reportedly Not Meeting Prince Harry And Meghan Markle

If the Duke and Duchess of Sussex rejected Prince Charles' open invitation, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are also avoiding them, Daily Mail reported. According to the outlet, Prince William and Kate Middleton have no plans to meet them while they are in the United Kingdom and while Prince Harry's memoir is not yet out.

Advertisement

Prince Harry and Markle are believed to have arrived at Frogmore Cottage in Windsor Saturday ahead of their European tour. Their official residence in England is only 380-feet away from the Cambridge's new four-bedroom home, Adelaide Cottage, where they spend their weekend with their three children, Prince George, 9, Princess Charlotte, 7, and Prince Louis, 4.

ALSO READ: Prince William Shock: Is Kate Middleton's Husband Competing With Brother Prince Harry In The US, Or Royals Just Need A PR Boost? Duke Of Cambridge Reportedly Wants Presence In America

The Cambridges are also reportedly moving to Windsor, so their home will be near to the Sussexes. However, several sources believe that it's unlikely the two royal couples will meet because Prince Charles and Princess Diana's sons are reportedly not on speaking terms.

Stay tuned for more news and updates about Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles, Prince William and Kate Middleton.

Advertisement

RELATED: Queen Elizabeth Shock: Prince Charles' Mother Has Reportedly Never Lived In Most Important Residence Due To Prince William's Cousin Princess Beatrice