The Seoul Drama International Awards 2021 commenced on October 21 at 5:05 PM KST and aimed to acknowledge dramas from all across the world. This includes 238 pieces from 41 countries.
The event was hosted by actress Park Eun Bin and ASTRO member Cha Eun Woo. It was live-streamed online from the MBC Public Hall due to the pandemic. Kdrama fans were able to watch the prestigious event in real-time on YouTube.
The Seoul Drama International Awards 2021 shortlisted the winners through a reputable team of judges with professional expertise in different areas. This includes producers, directors, content heads for big companies, film critics, etc.
Missing Child Wins Grand Prize, Best Actor, Best Director At The Seoul Drama Awards 2021
This year’s Grand Prize was awarded to JTBC Missing Child. The drama depicts the story of a 3-year-old boy named Sung Min who goes missing after being last seen in a store. His parents looked for him for over ten years, and after 11 years, they finally found him.
And when the parents thought everything would fall back into place after finding their son, the tragedy still lingers.
Director Jo Yong Won also won Best Director, while actor Park Hyuk Kwon took home the Best Actor award.
Vincenzo Takes Home Two Recognitions At The Seoul Drama Awards 2021
The tvN blockbuster Kdrama Vincenzo took home two awards at the Seoul Drama International Awards 2021.
In particular, actor Song Joong Ki was awarded the Outstanding Korean Drama award for his exemplary performance in the drama. The drama, Vincenzo, was recognized as Excellent Korean Drama.
Here is the complete list of winners from the Seoul Drama Awards 2021:
- Grand Prize: "Missing Child" (South Korea)
- Serial Drama Golden Bird Prize: "The Penthouse" (South Korea)
- Serial Drama Silver Bird Prize: "Go Ahead" (China)
- Mini-Series Golden Bird Prize: "The Investigation" (Denmark)
- Mini-Series Silver Bird Prize: "The Bad Kids" (China)
- TV Movie Golden Bird Prize: "Frederica Montseny, the woman who speaks" (Spain)
- TV Movie Silver Bird Prize: "This House is Mine" (Germany)
- Short-Form Drama Golden Bird Prize: "Passengers" (Russia)
- Short-Form Drama Silver Bird Prize: "Delete Me" (Norway)
- Best Actor: Park Hyuk Kwon ("Missing Child" – South Korea)
- Best Actress: Elle Fanning ("The Great" – United States)
- Best Director: Jo Yong Won ("Missing Child" – South Korea)
- Best Screenwriter: Russell T Davies ("It’s a Sin" – United Kingdom)
- Jury’s Special Prize: "Bonus Vacation" (Malaysia), "Atlantic Crossing" (Norway), "The Pit S4" (Turkey)
- Most Popular Foreign Drama: "I Told Sunset About You" (Thailand), "Signal" (Japan)
- Asian Star Prize: Marcus Chang (Taiwan), Sakaguchi Kentaro (Japan), "PP" Krit Amnuaydechkorn (Thailand), Amanda Manopo (Indonesia)
- Excellent Korean Drama: "Vincenzo"
- Outstanding Korean Drama: "Start-Up," "Taxi Driver," "Kairos"
- Outstanding Korean Actor: Song Joong Ki ("Vincenzo")
- Outstanding Korean Actress: Suzy ("Start-Up")
- Best OST in Korean Drama: Young Tak – "Okay" ("Revolutionary Sisters")
Stay tuned to EpicStream for the latest K-wave news and updates!