Meghan Markle is one of the most talked-about members of the royal family even after her infamous exit with Prince Harry in January 2020. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have become subjects of criticism since they first sparked romance reports in 2016.
The parents of Archie and Lilibet cited their plans to become financially independent from the British government as one of the main reasons why they decided to ditch the royal life for good. While Meghan Markle and Prince Harry were able to close lucrative deals months after Megxit, the Sussex pair is said to be having a hard time making money in the United States.
Now, new reports are saying that the media is experiencing the wrath of Meghan Markle again after a report claimed the wife of Prince Harry apologized for “misleading” the High Court. Keep on reading to know more details.
Meghan Markle Issues Complaint To BBC
Legal representatives of Meghan Markle reportedly reached out to BBC after a segment on the Harry, Meghan and The Media podcast, which also accompanies The Princes and the Press documentary of Amol Rajan. The wife of Prince Harry allegedly reacted to Amol’s claim that the Duchess of Sussex had apologized for “misleading” the High Court during her battle against Mail on Sunday.
BBC, in response, released a correction saying:
“The Duchess of Sussex has asked us to clarify that she apologized to the court for not remembering email exchanges with her former communications secretary, Jason Knauf, in her evidence, and said that she had no intention to mislead the court.”
Amol Rajan, as per Express UK, referred to the recent privacy case of Meghan Markle with the British media outlet following its publication of the former Suits actress’ private letters to her estranged father, Thomas Markle. To recall, the wife of Prince Harry said she had not “remembered” emails between her and her former press secretary Jason Knauf about the book during the trial.
Royal experts Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand published Finding Freedom in 2020. The said book was a biography of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry during their time in the royal family. However, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were quick to deny their involvement in the making of the biography.
A spokesperson for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry even stated that Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand do not speak for the Sussex couple. It furthered:
“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were not interviewed and did not contribute to Finding Freedom."This book is based on the authors' own experiences as members of the royal press corps and their own independent reporting.”
However, Meghan Markle, in a witness statement, later stated that emails between her and Jason Knauf about meeting with Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand for Finding Freedom had slipped her mind. The better half of Prince Harry accepted in the statement she had spoken with her former secretary about the controversial book.
Meghan Markle And Prince Harry May Skip Prince Philip Memorial
Meanwhile, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are likely to skip the upcoming memorial of the late Prince Philip if their fight over security is not resolved before April 2022. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expected to attend the Spring 2022 service of Queen Elizabeth’s late husband and finally introduce their secondborn, Lilibet, to the other members of the royal family.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Kate Middleton Fury: Duchess' Insecurities Fired Up As Prince William's Cheating Rumors Resurface Anew? Royal Reportedly More Popular Than Meghan Markle, Prince Beatrice And Sophie In The U.S.
While many royal fans are thrilled for the return of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to the United Kingdom, they are currently keeping their hopes low amid the Duke of Sussex’s legal dispute with the British government over a decision not to allow him to pay for police protection for his family while in Britain.
The husband of Meghan Markle previously revealed he wants to bring Archie and Lilibet to the U.K. so they would know where their father is from. However, Prince Harry claimed he is unable to do so because it is said to be “too dangerous” for them as they are not allowed to hire and pay their own security team.
The statement of Prince Harry came after a pack of photographers chased him during an event for children’s charity WellChild in London last summer. The Duke of Sussex and Meghan Markle have their own security in the United States, but their private team does not have any authority in the U.K.
Stay tuned to EpicStream for the latest news and updates about Meghan Markle!