King Charles III Not Inviting Prince Harry, Meghan Markle To His Coronation After Netflix Series Release? Sussex Pair Projected To Overshadow Monarch, Provoke Public Displeasure

share to other networks share to twitter share to facebook
king-charles-iii-not-inviting-prince-harry-meghan-markle-to-his-coronation-after-netflix-series-release-sussex-pair-projected-to-overshadow-monarch-provoke-public-displeasure

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have been urged not to attend the upcoming coronation of King Charles III next year following the release of their controversial Netflix docuseries.

ALSO READ: Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Stealing Kate Middleton's Thunder On Her Special Day? Sussex Pair Expected To Drop Major Bombshells In Netflix Series' Second Installment

Advertisement

Political heavyweights suggested that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry could overshadow King Charles III and provoke public displeasure. Former Tory leader Sir Iain Duncan Smith said:

"If they dislike the Royal Family so much why would they attend?"

Former Tory Cabinet minister David Mellow also stated:

"They categorically shouldn't come. They make money out of selling their family down the river. I think it should be made clear that the British people do not want them there. They are a sad pair."

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Prince William 'Real Target' Of Prince Harry, Meghan Markle's Netflix Docuseries? Archie's Dad Allegedly 'Rubbing Salt In The Wound' When He Did This

Advertisement

Tory MP Bob Seely opined:

"If I were them I'd stay away - but they obviously want to attend [the Coronation] and monetise it afterwards."

Royal author Margaret Holder added:

"I think the Sussexes will simply not be invited to events, or they will be advised diplomatically not to attend, because it would mean all attention goes on them and not on the Royal Family."

ALSO READ: King Charles III, Camilla, Prince William, Kate Middleton 'Shaking' For More Racism Claims? Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Reportedly 'Vindicated' That Latest Race Row Underscored Their Previous Concerns

Advertisement

The coronation of King Charles III on May 6 would be broadcast around the world, and detailed planning includes the biggest security operation in the U.K. However, some aides are afraid that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s multi-million-dollar Netflix docuseries would overshadow it.

Palace sources also debunked speculations that Meghan Markle was given inadequate preparation for life as a royal. They said the former Suits actress was provided with a detailed dossier months before she tied the knot with Prince Harry in May 2018.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Kim Kardashian Issues Stern Warning To Kanye West After Reaching Settlement? KUWTK Star Reportedly Willing To Keep Things Amicable With Ex-Husband

Meghan Markle, in the first show about their shocking Megxit, complained of not knowing what a walkabout was or how to curtsy. However, sources close to the situation claimed she was coached in sensitive areas, including public life.

Advertisement

The Harry and Meghan docuseries on Netflix has become one of the most-talked-about shows worldwide since its release last week. More controversial details are expected in the imminent fourth to sixth episodes, which are slated for release on Thursday.

ALSO READ: Kate Middleton, Prince William Affected By Meghan Markle, Prince Harry's Netflix Docuseries Trailer Release? Wales Couple Reportedly Had A Turbulent U.S. Trip

Stay tuned to EpicStream for the latest news and updates about Meghan Markle and Prince Harry!