Out of all the film productions that had been stopped by the pandemic, the movies with the most to lose were the big budget films like Jurassic World: Dominion. With production getting word of stopping and restarting over the past months, it's been reported that the film has officially wrapped.
Director Colin Trevorrow confirms on Twitter:
Besides the wrap on production, it's worth noting that the film has had to take a lot of measures to ensure that the cast and crew were safe from COVID-19. As reported by Deadline, Jurassic World: Dominion had 40,000 COVID-19 tests performed during its 18-month production, and Universal was said to have spent millions to make sure that everybody was safe.
With the strict production rules, Trevorrow actually thinks that it has improved on the content of the movie. He says:
"We lived together, ate together, told stories, shared our fears and hopes, played Frisbee on the lawn… there was a lot of laughter at a time when it has been hard to find things to laugh about… I think that close proximity to each other has made the movie better. Everything we were going through emotionally we would share. We would rehearse on Sundays, we crafted the characters, which made the emotion of the film richer. I think the movie will be stronger for it."
Though Trevorrow had lost his chance to finish the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy, I'm hoping that he manages to give Jurassic World a more fitting end. Catch Jurassic World: Dominion when it comes out June 10, 2022.