Celine Dion Health Scare: My Heart Will Go On Singer's Friends Worried After She Canceled North American Courage Tour

share to other networks share to twitter share to facebook

Celine Dion got her fans and friends worried after she canceled the remaining shows of the North American leg of Courage World Tour. There are speculations that the talented singer pushed herself too much.

Celine Dion Health: Singer Pushing Herself Too Much?

On Jan. 14, the My Heart Will Go On singer announced that she had to cancel the remaining leg of her Courage World Tour. According to the announcement, she was suffering from "severe and persistent muscle spasms."

Advertisement

Meanwhile, Us Weekly reported that Celine Dion's health struggles could be due to her grueling work schedule. Anonymous sources said her health condition has continued to degrade because she was pushing herself too much. Her pals are already worried about her.

"She’d greatly benefit from treating her body better," an unnamed source said. "She likes to perform at the highest level, and her grueling schedule would take a toll on anyone — she’s strong, but not superhuman."

Gossip Cop suggested that one should take the report with a grain of salt because the fact that she listened to her doctor and canceled her tour is a sign that she is looking after herself and prioritizes her health.

Also, there have been various reports about her health in the past years. Last year Woman's Day claimed that she was on the brink of death after losing a significant amount of weight. The tabloid alleged that she was "overworked and undernourished."

"She’s pushing herself to extremes in the studio and rehearsals. She always puts herself last," the anonymous tipster said.

National Enquirer reported a similar story after she allegedly dropped to 95 pounds. The unnamed tipster claimed she was "working herself to the bone for months." Unfortunately, her body couldn't allegedly match her energy.

"She’s totally exhausted, mentally drained, and anxiety-ridden. She’s talking like she fears the end is near," the source said.

Advertisement

The claim is not true, Celine Dion completed 52 shows on the tour before the pandemic emerged in March 2020.

READ: Jennifer Garner Shock: Ben Affleck's Ex Looks Unbothered After Their Heated Public Argument At Farmer's Market With Son Samuel

Celine Dion Wants To Get Back To Full Health

Celine Dion didn't get into details about her prognosis or if her condition was serious that she had to cancel her world tour. However, in her announcement, the It's All Coming Back to Me Now hitmaker is obviously prioritizing her health. She also said she wanted to get back into full health, so she could continue her tour. Fans should not get worried because Dion is not taking her health for granted.

"I was really hoping that I’d be good to go by now, but I suppose I just have to be more patient and follow the regimen that my doctors are prescribing," she wrote in the announcement which shared on Instagram.

According to her, there's a lot of organizing and preparation for her shows and they have to make a decision that will affect their plans for two months. But she won't be gone for good because she hopes to perform again.

"I'll be so glad to get back to full health, as well as all of us getting past this pandemic, and I can’t wait to be back on stage again," she continued. "Meanwhile, I’ve been very touched by all the words of encouragement that everyone’s been sending to me on social media. I feel your love and support and it means the world to me."

Stay tuned for more news and updates about Celine Dion and other Hollywood celebrities.

RELATED: Ben Affleck Heartbreak: Jennifer Garner Bad-Mouthing Him To Friends, Exes Fight Over Jennifer Lopez?