Prince Andrew is waiting for the court's decision about the sex abuse case against him. Meanwhile, his daughters Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie are in an exclusive ski resort in Switzerland, a report says.
Prince Andrew Faces Legal Battle While Daughters Princess Eugenie And Princess Beatrice Are In Vacation
The Duke of York and his lawyers are working hard to dismiss Virginia Giuffre's case against him. She alleged that he forced her to have sex with him three times when she was just 17 years old.
While Prince Andrew awaits the court's decision, his daughters enjoy their vacation in Switzerland. Princess Eugenie, 31, and Princess Beatrice, 33, are at Verbier skiing and shopping with their spouses, Radar Online reported.
Princess Eugenie allegedly looked unbothered while carrying her skis with her husband, Jack Brooksbank, in a luxury resort. Her sister, Princess Beatrice and her husband, Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, were also seen making their way across Verbier.
Princess Beatrice was also spotted shopping. She was reportedly smiling while strolling in the town. Their dad Prince Andrew reportedly owns a traditional-style multimillion-dollar chalet in the country.
Prince Andrew's chalet boasts views of the Bagnes Valley. His ex-wife, Sarah Ferguson, is currently lodging on the property.
Prince Andrew Sexual Abuse Case Update
Prince Andrew and his legal counsel have been working hard to dismiss the sexual abuse lawsuit against him. Last month, they challenged Giuffre's residency alleging that she is not a U.S. citizen.
According to them, Giuffre and her family have lived in Australia for all but two of the last 19 years. She allegedly just moved to Colorado two years before she sued the royal. Thus, the New York court does not have jurisdiction over her civil case against Prince Andrew.
Giuffre's lawyer Sigrid McCawley said in a statement to Rolling Stone that the challenge was "just another in a series of tired attempts by Prince Andrew to duck and dodge the legal merits of the case Virginia Giuffre has brought against him."
On Tuesday, Prince Andrew's lawyer filed a new motion to dismiss the case, citing a 2009 document that was unsealed on Monday. In the document, Giufree accepted $500,000 from convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. She also agreed to "release, acquit, satisfy and forever discharge" Epstein and "any other person or entity who could have been included as a potential defendant."
The document did not mention Prince Andrew. However, his lawyers emphasize the agreement that she wouldn't sue Epstein or any other "potential defendant."
Stay tuned for more news and updates about the royal family.