It looks like EA plans to keep on making even more Star Wars games after the success of Star Wars: Battlefront I, Star Wars: Battlefront 2, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, and Star Wars: Fallen Order.
Speaking in a “fireside chat,” the executives of Electronic Arts discussed how the company plans to “double down” on its Star Wars projects in the future, noting the performance of the previously mentioned Star Wars videogame titles (via Game Rant).
In the chat, EA CEO Andrew Wilson also makes mention of the company’s relationship with Disney and with Lucasfilm, saying that they’ve had upstanding relations with the studio.
"Up is my hope--up and to the right," Wilson said, "We have a tremendous relationship with Disney. We have a tremendous relationship with Lucas. We have a longstanding relationship with them going all the way back to Star Wars The Old Republic that we launched in 2011."
Right now, EA has a new Star Wars game in development; Star Wars Squadrons. The title is EA’s brand new Star Wars dogfighting game, and while EA says that the videogame has a smaller market when compared to Battlefront and Jedi Fallen Order, we believe that the game is still going to end up being a success.
"We've had success in first-person shooters, in RPGs, in action-adventure, in MMORPGs, in mobile, and I believe we're going to have success with Squadrons as well," Wilson said. "We're going to double down on that partnership. Disney continues to be very very committed to the IP and to the canon."
This statement means a whole lot to Star Wars gamers. It looks fans can expect even more titles after Squadrons.
Star Wars: Squadrons is set to release October 2, 2020.