Magic: The Gathering Creator Richard Garfield Says He Did Not Expect MTG's Success
IOGEAR Fokus Mouse 2 Gaming Mouse - Review
Hoarder of Fantasy Books and Stephen King Wannabecan be described as a heavy-metal pop culture geek, like a weird combination of Supernatural's Sam and Dean Winchester. She enjoys reading horror and fantasy novels when she isn't writing about the different fandoms around the world. Nobelle is currently working on a scary book but is too scared to let you read it just yet
The upcoming adaptation of Batman: The Long Halloween has not yet been released but we already have a glimpse at what will happen in Part 2. A second trailer for the upcoming DC animated movie now puts the focus on Harvey Dent's transformation and highlights the Rogues Gallery.
The trailer for Batman: The Long Halloween, Part 1 was released in early April and it offered a glimpse at the mysterious serial killer who only kills during the holidays. Although we get a glimpse at Holiday in the Part 2 trailer, the new teaser is all about Harvey and how he eventually becomes Two-Face.
The awesome thing about the Batman: The Long Halloween, Part 2 trailer is that it introduces the Rogues Gallery as well. We get to see Poison Ivy in action while Joker once again gets the chance to get on Batman's nerves. Needless to say, we can't wait to watch this film as soon as possible.
Batman: The Long Halloween features the voices of Jensen Ackles as Bruce Wayne, Josh Duhamel as Harvey Dent, Billy Burke as James Gordon, Titus Welliver as Carmine Falcone, David Dastmalchian as Calendar Man, Troy Baker as Joker, Amy Landecker as Barbara Gordon, Julie Nathanson as Gilda Dent, Jack Quaid as Alberto, Fred Tatasciore as Solomon Grundy, Jim Pirri as Sal Maroni, and Alastair Duncan as Alfred Pennyworth.
The film also features the voice of Naya Rivera as Catwoman. This is her final movie role before her unfortunate passing in July last year.
Batman: The Long Halloween, Part 1 will be released on June 22, 2021, while Part 2 is expected to drop in Fall 2021.
Related: Batman: The Long Halloween Trailer Features Supernatural's Jensen Ackles as The Dark Knight
He has only been Captain America for a month but it looks like Anthony Mackie wants to keep the title for a long time. The Falcon and The Winter Soldier star just admitted that he wants to play Captain America for the next 20 years.
In the final episode of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, Sam Wilson finally took the shield and proudly took on the Captain America mantle. Fans everywhere rejoiced as Sam made a dramatic entrance in his new suit.
Not surprisingly, Mackie is delighted that his character is the new Captain America. In an interview after the MTV Movie and TV Awards, the Avengers: Endgame star was asked how long his contract will keep him in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Interestingly, Mackie didn't give a specific answer but stated that he wants to stay for at least two decades.
"So if I can be 65 and still doing this, I'm crushing it," Mackie said.
It would be interesting to see a 65-year-old Captain America but realistically speaking, we're hoping that Sam gets his own film trilogy like Steve Rogers. With that in mind, we could be seeing Sam as Captain America for roughly a decade.
It has already been confirmed that Captain America 4 is in development and Mackie is set to return as Sam in the new film. For now, the MCU flick has not yet been given a production start date nor an official release date. Stay tuned for more updates on this story.
Related: Captain America Actor Anthony Mackie Calls Out Tom Holland During MTV Awards Speech
The movie adaptation of The School of Good and Evil is now in production and Charlize Theron is currently busy working on her new Netflix project. The Atomic Blonde star has just shared the first photos of the gorgeous Lady Lesso.
Theron shared the images on her official Twitter account. The pictures were taken from the set of The School of Good and Evil and feature the Old Guard actress in her new costume. Check it out below.
Ain’t no rest for the Evil
Can’t wait for you all to meet Lady Lesso #SchoolForGoodAndEvil @NetflixFilm pic.twitter.com/G74m39YltG
— Charlize Theron (@CharlizeAfrica) May 18, 2021
"Ain’t no rest for the Evil," Theron wrote. "Can’t wait for you all to meet Lady Lesso."
It's not exactly a clear look at the character but we can already tell that Lady Lesso is going to look amazing in the film. Needless to say, we can't wait to get an official poster or teaser for the upcoming movie.
The School for Good and Evil is based on the novel by Soman Chainani. It follows two young girls Sophie and Agatha who are kidnapped by the school. Interestingly, Sophie who believes she is a princess is taken to the School for Evil while Agatha, who is treated like a witch, is sent to the School for Good. From there, the friendship between the girls will be tested.
The movie will star Sofia Wylie as Agatha and Sophia Anne Caruso as Sophie. Kit Young, who previously appeared in Shadow and Bone, has been cast as Rafal. The supporting cast includes Kerry Washington, Laurence Fishburne and Michelle Yeoh.
The School for Good and Evil has not yet been given an official release date. However, it is expected to premiere on Netflix in 2022.
Related: Army of The Dead: Zack Snyder Celebrates Theatrical Premiere with BTS Photo
It's no secret that producers are not pleased about Dune being released simultaneously in theaters and on HBO Max. Interestingly, they might finally get what they want. A new report suggests that the Denis Villeneuve film might premiere exclusively in theaters as Warner Bros. is reportedly reconsidering the digital release.
According to Deadline, the merger between WarnerMedia and Discovery is already underway and making major changes for the studios. The report notes that there are already plans to release Dune exclusively in theaters, making it the first movie in Warner Bros.' 2021 slate not to get a digital release on HBO Max.
"Deadline hears that Dune, the high-profile Denis Villeneuve sci-fi remake out this fall, will not adhere to the day-and-date release pattern established for the entire 2021 slate. Instead, it will premiere in Venice in September and then enter theaters for a time before finding its way to streaming service HBO Max," the report reads.
This certainly makes sense considering that Dune is being considered to premiere at the Venice Film Festival later this year. If this is the case, it's only reasonable that the movie should get a theatrical release before being made available on the streaming service.
Interestingly, Warner Bros. has not yet confirmed whether Dune will premiere exclusively in cinemas this year. Stay tuned for more updates on this story.
Dune will star Timothée Chalamet, Rebecca Ferguson, Oscar Isaac, Josh Brolin, Stellan Skarsgård, and Dave Bautista. The film is currently scheduled for release on October 1, 2021.
Related: Dave Bautista Says Dune is 'World-Changing' Film Set to Premiere at Venice Film Festival
It looks like most of the original cast from Shazam! will be returning in the sequel. A new report reveals that Djimon Hounsou could return as The Wizard in Shazam! Fury of the Gods.
According to Murphy's Multiverse, Hounsou is reportedly set to reprise his role as the Wizard who passed his powers along to Billy Batson. Although the character was actually killed off in the first DC Extended Universe flick, it would make sense for the Wizard to return in the sequel considering that he's the one who would explain the origins of these superpowers.
For now, it is unclear how the Wizard will be brought back in Shazam 2. There is a possibility that Hounsou will appear in flashbacks or serve as a guide to Billy and the Shazam family. Nevertheless, we're looking to seeing the character back in action as he faces the Fury of the Gods.
Shazam 2 will also be bringing in some cool new characters who don't appear in the comic books. It was previously confirmed that Helen Mirren and Lucy Liu will play Hespera and Kalypso, respectively. These villains are the daughters of Atlas, who provides one of the A's in the name Shazam.
Shazam! Fury of the Gods will bring back Zachary Levi and Asher Angel as the two versions of Billy. David F. Sandberg is also confirmed to return and direct the sequel. The film is currently set for production later this year and is scheduled for release on June 2, 2023.
Related: Shazam 2 Director Confirms Fury of the Gods Temporary Logo
There is little doubt that Loki will feature the God of Mischief in cool new outfits. Interestingly, it looks like the upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe will also give fans a glimpse at the Asgardian in his birthday suit! A new TV spot features Tom Hiddleston in the nude and fans are loving it.
The new TV spot opens with Loki being brought to the TVA where he is immediately greeted by Miss Minutes, who is there to help him catch up before he stands trial for his crime. The God of Mischief is then sent to a robot which promptly aims a gun at him. But instead of shooting Loki, it is actually aiming at his clothes which magically disintegrate.
Loki isn't pleased by this and begins to complain. However, the ground beneath him suddenly gives way and he drops into a hole.
Here… in case you missed it!#Loki TV Spot that just aired moments ago on ABC pic.twitter.com/8G0zZpCWno
— Rebekah Gomez (@raadrebekah) May 18, 2021
The naked Loki only appears for a brief moment and the next we see him, he is now dressed in the TVA prison clothes we have seen in the trailer. Nevertheless, fans are loving the glimpse at Hiddleston in the nude.
Loki will also star Owen Wilson as Mobius M. Mobius, Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Ravonna Lexus Renslayer, and Wunmi Mosaku as Hunter B-15. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker actor Richard E. Grant has been cast in an undisclosed role.
Loki will premiere on Disney+ on June 9, 2021.
Related: New Black Widow Clip Teases Yelena's Impromptu Plan
In case you missed it, Attack the Block 2 is officially happening and John Boyega is already excited about his next project. The Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker actor has just shared an awesome poster to celebrate the sequel's announcement.
Boyega shared the poster created by Tracie Ching on his official Instagram account. Check it out below.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by John Boyega (@johnboyega)
"Yes Attack the Block 2 is happening! Yes I’ll be starring and producing! Yes I’m bloody excited! London VS them tings," Boyega wrote.
In addition to reprising his role as Moses, Boyega will produce the sequel along with Nira Park, James Wilson, and Joe Cornish. It was also confirmed that Cornish will pen the screenplay and direct Attack the Block 2.
For now, Boyega is the only star confirmed for Attack the Block 2. But is there any chance that we'll see the other big names? It would be awesome to see Doctor Who actress Jodie Whittaker returning as Samantha. Additionally, we'd love to catch up with Nick Frost's Ron and Alex Esmail's Pest.
2011's Attack the Block followed a teenage street gang who end up protecting their neighborhood from an alien invasion on Guy Fawkes Night. Although the film was not a blockbuster, it has gained a cult following since its release. Needless to say, a sequel is something that fans have been waiting for for a very long time.
Attack the Block 2 is still in early development and has not been given a production date nor a release date. Stay tuned for more updates on this story.
Related: Star Wars Actor John Boyega Set to Return for Attack the Block Sequel
Soldier Boy has arrived on the set of The Boys Season 3. Jack Quaid has just shared an awesome behind-the-scenes photo featuring Supernatural star Jensen Ackles.
It's no secret that Ackles would be joining the cast of The Boys Season 3. The casting was announced last year and fans weren't exactly surprised considering that the Dean Winchester actor has worked with showrunner Eric Kripke for a long time.
Interestingly, it looks like Ackles is already having fun on the set of his new series. Quaid posted an image with the actor on his official Instagram account along with a short but hilarious caption. Check it out below.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Jack Quaid (@jack_quaid)
It's great to see that Ackles is already getting along well with his new co-stars. Needless to say, we can't wait to see him in action as Soldier Boy in the third season of The Boys.
There is little doubt that fans were dismayed when Supernatural concluded but the show's ending actually turned out to be a great thing for Ackles. In addition to his new character in The Boys Season 3, the Bloody Valentine actor finally got his dream role. Ackles provides the voice of Bruce Wayne in the upcoming animated feature Batman: The Long Halloween.
The Boys Season 3 is still in production and has not yet been given an official release date. In the meantime, fans can look forward to Ackles' animated projects. Batman: The Long Halloween, Part 1 will be released in Summer this year while Part 2 is expected to be dropped in Fall 2021.
Related: Batman: The Long Halloween Trailer Features Supernatural's Jensen Ackles as The Dark Knight
There is little doubt that 300 was Zack Snyder's breakthrough movie. The 2006 film displayed what would be the filmmaker's distinct style and storytelling, and fans were hoping it would turn into a major franchise. However, we only got one sequel and nothing else after that.
Interestingly, Snyder actually wrote a third movie that would serve as the final film in a planned trilogy. Unfortunately, his pitch was rejected by Warner Bros.
Snyder, who is currently promoting his latest project Army of The Dead, was recently a guest on the Fourth Wall podcast. During the interview, the Justice League director revealed that the studio had asked him to do another 300 movie.
"Over the pandemic, I had a deal with Warner Bros. and I wrote what was essentially going to be the final chapter in 300," Snyder said. "But when I sat down to write it I actually wrote a different movie."
So what was the film about? Snyder shared that it would have been about another historical figure.
"I was writing this thing about Alexander the Great, and it just turned into a movie about the relationship between Hephaestion and Alexander. It turned out to be a love story. So it really didn't fit in as the third movie," he said.
Naturally, the studio wasn't thrilled with Snyder's idea since it had nothing to do with the Spartans. Although the filmmaker says that the concept "came out really great" and the film even had a title, Warner Bros. didn't go with it.
"It's called Blood and Ashes, and it's a beautiful love story, really, with warfare. I would love to do it, [Warner Bros.] said no… you know, they're not huge fans of mine. It is what it is," Snyder concluded.
Sadly, it doesn't look like we'll be seeing that movie that would address the mysterious relationship between Alexander and Hephaestion. On the other hand, Snyder could try pitching it to another studio instead. We'll keep you posted.
Snyder's new film Army of the Dead is now screening in theaters. It is set for a digital release on Netflix on May 21.
Related: Star Wars Director J.J. Abrams Turns Down Idea of Potentially Helming DC Movies
The trailer for Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins is finally out and we actually get to hear the ninja commando speaking for the first time. But why is his accent so hard to place? Henry Golding has explained that his character's accent is "non-distinct" for an interesting reason.
Golding recently spoke to IGN where he addressed Snake Eyes' accent in the film. The Crazy Rich Asians star explained that the character is something of a nomad who never really settled down in one place in particular.
"He's moved around a tremendous amount, and I think it's non-distinct in where he's from, what his kind of background is," Golding said. "We see flashes of his life before. And so, we need to understand that this guy has been underground, this guy's been around."
That's an interesting way to portray a character who has been a mystery since he was first introduced in the G.I. Joe franchise. Snake Eyes has never spoken a word in the films before but we'll finally get to hear him speak and express himself in his solo movie.
In addition to being able to talk, Snake Eyes will be spending most of the film without his trademark mask. As Golding points out, "he was born without a mask" and the movie will explore the character's origins. Interestingly, as the trailer suggests, it could reveal why he put on the mask in the first place.
Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins also stars Andrew Koji as Storm Shadow, Úrsula Corberó as The Baroness, Samara Weaving as Scarlett, Haruka Abe as Akiko, Tahehiro Hira as Kenta, and Iko Uwais as Hard Master. The film will premiere on July 23, 2021.
Related: Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins Trailer, Official Synopsis Revealed