Warner Bros officially announced that they will be releasing a game called MultiVersus, a game like Super Smash Bros developed by player First games that will bring together characters like Loony Tunes, Adventure Time, DC heroes, Scooby Doo, and even character from Game of Thrones. The game is set to release in 2022, for both PC and console and the game will be free-to-play.
The game MultiVersus will support 1v1, 2v2, and 4-player FFA matches, set on stages themed around the characters that are available in-game which most of you might recognize. Some of the stages include Jake and Finn’s Treefort, as well as the Batcave. Warner Bros revealed an incomplete roster following the announcement. More characters are to be announced in the near future. Each of the characters will be voiced by their original acting talent. The incomplete roster of characters include:
- Reindog (an original character for MultiVersus), voiced by Andrew Frankel
- Jake the Dog (Adventure Time), voiced by John DiMaggio
- Tom and Jerry, voiced by Eric Bauza
- Arya Stark (Game of Thrones), voiced by Maisie Williams
- Wonder Woman, voiced by Abby Trott
- Harley Quinn, voiced by Tara Strong
- Shaggy (Scooby-Doo), voiced by Matthew Lillard
- Bugs Bunny (Looney Tunes), voiced by Eric Bauza
- Batman, voiced by Kevin Conroy
- Finn the Human (Adventure Time), voiced by Jeremy Shada
- Steven Universe, voiced by Daniel DiVenere
- Garnet (Steven Universe), voiced by Estelle
- Superman, voiced by George Newbern
Each of the characters has a unique ability set that has been designed to be able to pair with other characters. There is a customization option that comes via perk loadouts, allowing the player some gameplay variety. There are also different skins for each of the characters as well as emotes to allow for some visual expression.
As the game is free-to-play, it will be supported by in-game purchases. Warner Bros. Games hasn’t revealed any information on what those purchases will be, but it seems sensible to expect that there will be cosmetics in the game. The trailer of the game also shows what looks like a battle pass system, seen in the menus on the character details page.
The game will support cross-play and cross-progression across all of its supported platforms, PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and PC via Steam.
Player First Games, the developer of the game, will be holding playtest, and you can sign up to participate in those playtest on the MultiVersus website.
Here's the official trailer for Warner Bros' MultiVersus game:
Also Read: New Star Wars Game Possibly Leaked