VALORANT Patch 4.07 went live today, and the update is adding a new room in the Shooting Range that looks like Cypher's office.
The latest patch is a relatively uneventful update, adding minor changes to the Bulldog and Stinger and new servers in the LATAM region. However, the official patch notes also reveal that the "VALORANT Agents have been busy with a pretty frightenin problem" and that players should "explore around the Shooting Range to find out what they're up to."
The cryptic message doesn't reveal much detail about what's new in the Shooting Range, but the Korean VALORANT Patch 4.07 video reveals a new room that appears to be Cypher's office. As VALORANT lore enthusiast Disturbo points out, there are several monitors, TVs, and an open laptop with a map of the world in the room. The laptop screen shows various areas marked with a red dot, including Lisbon, Portugal, which might be the setting of the next VALORANT map.
The official social media accounts of VALORANT also shared a new cryptic teaser featuring Cypher surrounded by screens with black swirls retraining him in a red room. This is likely a teaser for the upcoming Agent, codenamed "Bounty Hunter", who's rumored to hunt down other Agents and have been blackmailing them for weeks.
VALORANT Patch 4.07 is now live, so try to find Cypher's office in the Shooting Range once you download the latest patch.
You can read the full Patch Notes 4.07 below:
VALORANT Patch Notes 4.07
- Added a new set of servers in Latin America, which should help with latency in that region
- Scheduled to turn on not long after 4.07 is live!
- Bulldog and Stinger now delay firing inputs while bringing up the weapon to aim down sights (ADS)
- Prevents you from getting burst mode accuracy improvements before they finish raising your weapon.
- Adds a slight cost to the decision to switch to burst firing mid-combat.
- You can still begin firing immediately while switching back to full auto/hip fire mode.
- Ability-based weapons* can now also be input-queued to equip after the current action
- *This includes: Chamber guns and ultimates for Neon, Jett, and Raze
- Load times for the VP purchase page should now load in a matter of seconds (previously, it would take more than thirty seconds in some instances)
- SOCIAL UPDATES
- Added new detections for different AFK-like behaviors in rotating game modes
- Fixed a bug where Yoru could use a weapon immediately at the end of his ultimate by exploiting an unwanted interaction with ropes
- Fixed a bug where it was possible to defuse the Spike while channeling abilities
- Skye’s Seekers can once again break through the destructible doors on Ascent
- Fixed a bug where comms-restricted players could not listen to team voice chat
- Fixed a bug where players were not always immediately removed from the game after being banned
- Fixed a bug that was causing performance bonuses to show at incorrect times
- Fixed an issue where briefly tapping the “Use Spike” button to plant the Spike could cause you to end up holding the Spike instead of your last equipped weapon