The Last Jedi Is Beating The Force Awakens In New Star Wars Poll

share to other networks share to twitter share to facebook

There's a new poll pitting Disney's Star Wars sequel trilogy installments against each other, and it looks like Star Wars: The Last Jedi is taking the lead.

The Force Awakens sequel might have the lowest audience score amongst all the Star Wars installments in Rotten Tomatoes, however, it seems like the film's beating its predecessor in a new poll by Variety. Knowing how active and vocal the Star Wars fanbase is, the publication's put up a new poll asking Star Wars fans which sequel trilogy they prefer the most; The Force Awakens or The Last Jedi?

Right now it seems like Rian Johnson's sequel trilogy installment's winning the race, leading at 53.17 percent with 3.326 votes out of a total of 6255. The Force Awakens on the other hand has 46.83 percent of the votes, gaining the preference of 2,929 voters.

Advertisement

The results don't come as a surprise. Though there's a group of fans strongly against The Last Jedi, the film certainly shook Lucasfilm's galaxy far, far away. Not only did the film manage to add an amazing assembly of new ships, vehicles, planets, and creatures, it also changed Star Wars lore and subverted fan expectations.

Some might not like how Rey (Daisy Ridley) is a nobody and how Snoke was killed early on in the sequel trilogy, but The Last Jedi certainly brought on a fresh perspective to the Star Wars franchise.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi is currently screening in cinemas.

Read: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Wins In Its Fourth Weekend In Japan