Riot Games just revealed the third and final phase of its RiotX Arcane event, Undercity Nights. From November 14-20, the week leading to the release of the final three episodes of Arcane, players will see new game content across Riot's portfolio along with community-focused competitions celebrating the ecosystem.
On November 19 and 20, players and fans across Riot's global community are invited to celebrate the season finale of Arcane via the Undercity Nights event being broadcasted live from Los Angeles, California. Physical and digital attendees will experience live entertainment, a charity tournament featuring prominent community members playing Riot's games, and more.The final three episodes of Arcane will be available on Netflix globally and Tencent Video in China at 08:00 AM GMT on November 20.
The following Arcane-inspired content and product features will also be going live across Riot's games during Undercity Nights from November 14-20:
- League of Legends continues unlocking stories through the Council Archives, an interactive experience where players can learn more about Arcane's characters, and launches its annual Preseason gameplay updates:
- Unlocked Vi's stories in the Council Archives
- Arcane Vi, available and earnable through playing three games of League of Legends or winning one
- End of the Ranked 2021 Season
- Preseason 2022 content launch, featuring new drakes, runes, and items
- Caitlyn Art & Sustainability Update, a visual update to one of the most prominent champions featured in Arcane
- Ultimate Spellbook, the return of a player-favorite game mode which features more gameplay mechanics from champions in Arcane
- Teamfight Tactics will launch Double Up, a brand new game mode where two players can team up in a game.
- VALORANT's long awaited 17th Agent, Chamber, enters the fray
"Undercity Nights is a celebration of the community, competition, and games at the core of our IP," said Sarah Schutz, Head of Riot Experience (XP). "We hope that players who have been with us since the beginning, and those just discovering us through Arcane, enjoy the finale and festivities."
On Nov. 19, the event will debut a part of Secret Cinema's live experience, Arcane: Enter the Undercity. An original story set within the lead-up to the finale of Arcane, fans will be able to choose their undercity faction and challenge each other for control of the shimmer supply. The experience will feature twists and turns, puzzles, and unexpected encounters with characters from the show. With multiple endings based on who comes out on top (and how), a preview of the Secret Cinema experience will be broadcast on the first day of the two-day event, with tickets on-sale now from Nov. 21 to Dec. 19, 2021.
Under City Nights will also include the first-ever Riot Gauntlet, a two-day charity tournament across a number of Riot’s games with a prize pool of $100,000 to be donated to the winning teams’ charities of choice. Team captains will select from a group of prominent community members from around the globe to team up and compete in a selection of Riot’s games, culminating in a finale match pitting the team captains against a team of Riot Games developers on November 20.