Lupita Nyongo' Says She Actually Shot Her Scenes For Star Wars: Episode VIII

share to other networks share to twitter share to facebook

Earlier this month, Lupita Nyong'o spoke at the Toronto International Film Festival, and said that she hasn't shot her scenes for Star Wars: Episode VIII. Now, she's taking that back. The Academy Award-winning actress showed up on Ellen to promote her film Queen of Katwe and addressed the rumors that she hasn't filmed her Episode VIII scenes yet, saying, "I don't know where this rumor came from! I have no idea. It hurt my feelings." You can watch her response below. The Star Wars talk begins at the 2:06 mark.

Nyong'o went on to say, "I shot my scenes, it's coming out – you never really know, when you shoot your scenes in a movie, which ones are gonna make it and all that. So, it's always, ‘Fingers crossed. But as far as I know, I'm in it."

Advertisement

It's pretty strange that the rumor came from Nyong'o herself. Last week, when Collider asked her about the "rumor", she said "I've yet to shoot. That's in my future."

Please enable Javascript to watch this video

Star Wars: Episode VIII is set to release in theaters on December 15, 2017.