Darth Vader Actor David Prowse Refused To See Star Wars: The Force Awakens

SHARE
share to other networks share to twitter share to facebook

To many James Earl Jones is Darth Vader, but the man actually behind the mask is a bitter at being snubbed by George Lucas and the crew of Star Wars:The Force Awakens.

So much so that he has vowed not to watch the new film after it is release nationwide on Dec. 18. David Prowse, 80-years-old now, played the iconic role of Darth Vader and feels as if he has been forgotten. Although we didn't see his face or heard his voice, Prowse played a significant part in the original trilogy. When the new film was announced, however, he never received a call to do any work for the film, or even to attend any of the celebrations. This has left Prowse feeling a bit bitter. "Those behind the film cut me out and have continued to ignore me for years," he recently told The Sun. "Do I have any interest in watching the new movie? No, I don't," Prowse added.

Advertisement

So what caused the resentment? Well, it goes back to George Lucas accusing Prowse of leaking the fact that Darth Vader was Luke Skywalker's father before the release of The Empire Strikes Back.

However, Prowse, who revealed last year that has dementia, remembers no such thing saying, "I can't remember leaking anything," he said. "I definitely upset George Lucas at one stage or other and I do feel disappointed about that," Prowse conceded.

Nowadays, the icon still uses Darth Vader as his income traveling to conventions every weekend and selling autographs. His wife, however, is not happy about the iconic character "My wife won't have anything to do with Darth Vader and says Star Wars has been an intrusion into our life," David Prowse said. Though David sees it much differently saying, "Then I get annoyed and say, ‘Have a look around this house. You have a car in the drive and we have a lovely garden. Everything in this house has been paid for by f@$%ing Star Wars, so be f!@%ing grateful!'"

Source: The Sun