Overwatch gamers get ready– Blizzard is preparing for the 20th anniversary of its popular action role-playing hack and slash videogame, Diablo,and the videogame developer is planning to throw in a few treats for its other videogame franchises as well.
From in-game events to a bunch of special items, Express reports that Blizzard is getting ready for a grand parade as it strings along gamers from Overwatch, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Starcraft 2, World of Warcraft and Diablo 3 for Diablo's anniversary tomorrow, Dec. 31.
All of the events and item follow the theme of the big event. Overwatch gamers will be gifted with a smorgasbord of sprays that stand for Diablo's different classes and gamers are also set to receive a Lord of Terror player icon for their profiles as well. Meanwhile, Hearthstone gamers will get a Tavern Brawl, an event which leads players to a mysterious hooded stranger.
To learn more about what Blizzard's cooking up for the Diablo anniversary tomorrow, read below:
- Diablo 3: Recapture the feeling of your first play through of the original Diablo with The Darkening of Tristram tribute event. Venture through a reimagined version of the original cathedral in Diablo III and keep an eye out for some familiar items.
- Heroes of the Storm: The battle for the High Heavens continues, and a new Diablo-themed portrait is up for grabs! Can you emerge victorious on this hectic new brawl map?
- Hearthstone: In this Tavern Brawl, a hooded stranger awaits, holding a grim deck in his hands. Will you unravel the secrets surrounding this dark wanderer?
- Overwatch: Bring the battle for Sanctuary into the fight for the future with in-game sprays representing your favorite Diablo III classes—along with a new player icon modelled after the Lord of Terror!
- StarCraft II: Put the Lord of Terror to work for you with a Diablo-themed worker portrait.
- World of Warcraft: Strange things are afoot in the world of Azeroth as denizens of Sanctuary cross over into an unfamiliar world.