Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales Blu-ray Review
Yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me! Dead Men Tell No Tales, is the fifth film of the legendary Pirates of the Caribbean franchise and will be released on Blu-ray, October 3, 2017. Today, we take a look at the film and the Blu-ray extras.
In the latest Pirates story, Henry Turner searches for the Trident of Poseidon in order to end the curse on his father's life. In this epic adventure, we are joined by Captain Jack Sparrow, astronomer Carina, and the Spaniard Salazar. The film continues the Pirates of the Caribbean tradition of crafty stunts and contains some of the funniest moments in cinema this year. For a full review of the movie, click here.
If you have enjoyed the previous Pirates of the Caribbean movies to date, the formula continues and the movie is quite an enjoyable extension of the series. You won't want to miss out on the Blu-ray extras. Here is everything you get in the Blu-Ray & Digital combo pack:
- Dead Men Tell More Tales: The Making of a New Adventure – Get unique access into the making of this exciting new “Pirates of the Caribbean” movie with this collection of revealing and entertaining stories that you can view individually or as a “play all.”
- A Return to the Sea – Two talented filmmakers, Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg, team up to bring “Pirates of the Caribbean” back to the screen. Hear how this new chapter of the tale was developed.
- Telling Tales: A Sit-down with Brenton & Kaya – Meet Brenton Thwaites and Kaya Scodelario, the young actors behind Henry and Carina. The two sit down together for a revealing conversation on becoming a part of the “Pirates of the Caribbean” film franchise and its continuing legacy.
- The Matador & The Bull: Secrets of Salazar & The Silent Mary – Oscar-winner Javier Bardem reveals more about his menacing new character and the foreboding ship he helms.
- First Mate Confidential – Go on-set along with Kevin McNally, the affable actor behind the feisty Mr. Gibbs, Captain Jack’s reliable first mate from all five movies.
- Deconstructing the Ghost Sharks – Peer below the depths at how these ferocious, mythical monsters were designed and brought to life.
- Wings Over the Caribbean – Captain Jack has a memorable encounter with Sir Paul McCartney – rock 'n' roll royalty.
- An Enduring Legacy – Take one more look at the “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” experience and the impact of “Pirates of the Caribbean” -- the movies, the ride and beyond.
- Bloopers of the Caribbean
- Jerry Bruckheimer Photo Diary
- Deleted Scenes
- Henry Turner Learns a Lesson from Captain Jack
- A Whale in Poseidon’s Tomb
- Alternate Coda: Murtogg & Mullroy “Flogging”
Compared to typical Blu-ray extras, Dead Men Tell No Tales packs quite a punch. Beatles fans will be sure to enjoy the Sir Paul McCartney piece in the Wings Over the Caribbean extra. The blooper reel is quite funny, and especially so with Johnny Depp outtakes.
You can buy Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales in stores Tuesday, October 3rd.