Shocking Bits Of Star Wars: Episode IX’s Plot Have Been Leaked
Star Wars: Episode IX might be a year away from its release date but it seems like rumored plot leaks of the final sequel trilogy installment have started making their way online.
Though Star Wars fans know better than to believe everything they read online, the source of the Episode IX plot leaks has had a pretty solid track record when it comes to leaking info. Last year, Reddit user FOOSLS reportedly had access to Star Wars: The Last Jedi’s early storyboard and the info leaked pretty much hit the right spot when it came to moments like the one on Canto Bight or the one where Snoke dies.
Now the same Reddit user has new info on Episode IX, and though we do warn to take the reveal with a grain of salt, we wouldn’t want to dismiss the rumors entirely either.
Here are some of the most important points in the reveal:
- Star Wars: Episode IX opens five years after The Last Jedi.
- The First Order is still in charge. Kylo Ren ( Adam Driver) is seen as a “benevolent” leader by his followers.
- Rey (Daisy Ridley), Finn (John Boyega), Poe (Oscar Isaacs) as well as General Organa (Carrie Fisher) try to rescue a female alien prodigy” from the First Order in the Unknown Regions.
- A First Order mole helps the Resistance. The mole is General Hux (Domhnall Gleeson).
- The film reveals Rey’s “secret love child,” a secret which angers Kylo Ren
- Kylo almost kills Rey but in the end, she is saved by Princess Leia.
Though the whole bit where Rey gets a “secret love child” seems a bit too much, some of these reported leaks seem to check out with other reports on Episode IX.
Last month Boyega let slip that there’d be a time-jump in the film, confirming the possibility that the third sequel trilogy installment could open five years after The Last Jedi. Word also had it that Lucasfilm was looking for another female actor to play a lead role in the trilogy’s final chapter, confirming reports that Rey and company were trying to save a female “alien prodigy” from the First Order.
Hux as a First Order mole might seem unlikely, but after all that bullying from Snoke and Kylo, we bet that the ginger general would probably want to switch sides. What do you think of the leaks? Do they seem likely to you?
Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section below.
Star Wars: Episode IX hits cinemas December 20, 2019. Lucasfilm’s latest release, Solo: A Star Wars Story hits cinemas May 25.