Pokemon GO continues to surprise everyone by being a much better experience now than it was during the peak of its popularity. While that’s a shame, the game is slowly getting some of its fans back and is making billions of dollars as well. As expected, the mobile hit continues to add more Pokemon than we can count as Niantic has confirmed that Gen 5 Pokemon are now in Pokemon GO.
Niantic confirmed that the game would be adding a number of Pokemon from Unova will be coming to GO. Considering how beloved Pokemon Black and White are by the fans, this is excellent news. As expected, the three starter Pokemon - Tepig, Oshawott, and Snivy - will be roaming in the wild, along with Patrat, Lillipup, Purrloin, Pidove, Blitzle, and more Unova Pokémon.
Here’s a full list of features from Niantic. First, here are the details on Unova Pokemon that will be hatching from the various eggs:
- 2 km Eggs: Patrat, Lillipup, Purrloin, Pidove
- 5 km Eggs: Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Blitzle, Drilbur, Foongus
- 10 km Eggs: Ferroseed, Klink, Litwick, Golett, Deino
Now here are the region-exclusive Unova Pokemon:
- Asia-Pacific: Pansage, the Grass Monkey Pokémon
- Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: Pansear, the High Temp Pokémon
- The Americas and Greenland: Panpour, the Spray Pokémon
- Western hemisphere: Heatmor, the Anteater Pokémon
- Eastern hemisphere: Durant, the Iron Ant Pokémon
Other details include the Unova Stone that can make Pokemon like Lampent can evolve. There’s also a chance for players to get Shiny versions of Patrat and Lillipup, which is nice. All these features make me want to play Pokemon GO again, as well as Black and White on my 3DS.
Pokemon GO is now available on iOS and Android.